OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a option you have can run a second Ph probe or a ORP probe. I don't believe you can disable it but you can change the view on your controller to match your needs;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395830921.959375.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395830963.147604.jpg

It's done by pushing the left or right arrows to display what you want to see.

What expansion Modules did you get? Im trying to see if its worth getting the Conductivity probe, ORP probe, and the VDM module. I didnt know you can hook up a camera. What module is that?

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the o2 outlet with my GFO reactor and im setting it at 4 hours hours a day then gradually increasing it. I still need to figure out how to program other stuff like ATO float switches, Moonlight settings and sunrise settings etc.

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What expansion Modules did you get? Im trying to see if its worth getting the Conductivity probe, ORP probe, and the VDM module. I didnt know you can hook up a camera. What module is that?

I purchased a PM1 and 2 to manage my other tanks I didn't need a VDM because my other LEDs have a built in controller, as far as setting up a ORP t would depend on your tank size and load.
A additional module isn't needed for a video feed it's built into your dashboard which you have 4 available. Each one can reflect the different areas of one tank (main display, sump, equipment) or each dashboard can reflect each tank you have set up but only one camera view per dashboard you can't place the same view on each dashboard (it's a IP thing).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395865351.442838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395865362.576554.jpg

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the o2 outlet with my GFO reactor and im setting it at 4 hours hours a day then gradually increasing it. I still need to figure out how to program other stuff like ATO float switches, Moonlight settings and sunrise settings etc.

Get the newest manual that Neptune has put out. They have cleared a lot of the How To things up for users to better understand.
http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool! so the wireless camera doesnt need to be connected to the Aquabus? it goes off the IP address? and i can use any HD camera of my choice?

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since i already have the PH/ORP module open. I would only need the PM2 for conductivity?

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool! so the wireless camera doesnt need to be connected to the Aquabus? it goes off the IP address? and i can use any HD camera of my choice?

Totally correct the connect to Aquabus and IP addressing. As far as HD cameras there is a list you ask about on the Neptune Forum because some will work and some won't even though they are IP cameras. I use a Dlink 932l and a 942L but there are better ones with PTZ abilities.

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since i already have the PH/ORP module open. I would only need the PM2 for conductivity?

You'll want the PM1 before the PM2 their design to help in your naming convention on your Apex but they cost and do the same thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool. But if i already have the Temp, PH and ORP. Doesnt the PM1 do the same thing?

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool. But if i already have the Temp, PH and ORP. Doesnt the PM1 do the same thing?

Yes it does the same as the AquaBus just smaller but I only invested in it because I have a complete second system that I want to monitor.
If you don't have that then there would be no need do one.

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool. Hey thanks for all your help DTech. I might just get the conductivity Module for now and the ORP Probe. Still trying to get used to this thing. #TeamApex lol

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Problem once you get up and running let me know and I'll share a view of my system with you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back