Firefish breathing

bsharding1982

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just brought home these little firefish. Aclimated an hour then put them in my QT. One looks fine but the other is doing this with their mouth. Can't tell if this is gasping or not. Should I do anything or is he just stressed from the new home?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20210130_152332.mp4
    26.8 MB

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just brought home these little firefish. Aclimated an hour then put them in my QT. One looks fine but the other is doing this with their mouth. Can't tell if this is gasping or not. Should I do anything or is he just stressed from the new home?

Thank you.
allow it time to adjust. Also assure ammonia and nitrate levels are not elevated and increase oxygen if you feel the need to

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
B

bsharding1982

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I don't think he is going to make it. He is sitting on the bottom struggling to stay upright. The other one looks great, swimming around and eating.

Seems like whenever I try to buy a pair one doesn't make it. Had the same issue with a pair of clowns.

I had a 75 and 150 a while ago and got out for a little while when we had kids. Started one 75 a few months ago and I am waiting on my return pump to get my second one going this week. One is corals and reef fish and the other will be fish only.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you.
Nah he’s just a little stressed leave the lights off and wait to feed for a little bit. He should be fine
Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back