first time sps

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long has the tank been up? Flow requirements will be a bit different, it sounds like you have enough lighting though. What do you have for flow?

You'll also need to hawk alk more, other than that I think you could try it, just start slow.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a 30x30x24 gallon with 4x t5s 2x coral plus 2x blue plus with 2x reef brite blue leds I have had long term success with anemone's in this system 2 years plus could I make the plunge into sps ?
All you can do is give it a try. Stylo is a great one to start with and it looks awesome. It is also relatively cheap.
I think the main thing is making sure you can keep all your parameters stable. It took myself a full year before I finally started having success with sticks. But Stylo and digi are great pieces to start with.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm far from a expert but I think that lighting should work. A par meter always helps but not an option for everyone. I'm still new to sticks but have had good luck with garf bonzai, myagi tort and green slimer when I started. They're fairly hardy and not too expensive.

EDIT nems may or may not be a problem. It all depends if they stay put or move. It's a crap shoot when they are concerned. I've had them stay put for a year then for unknown reasons start wandering around the tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back