Fish stuck in Louisville

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all - I have a box of fish stuck at UPS in Louisville. Nice fish: Bella Gobies, Pintail Wrasses, Lineatus Wrasse.

Are there any LFS owners amongst you who I could possibly work out a deal to pickup the fish? (The wholesaler is Sea Dwelling.) If the fish wait until tomorrow to reach me I fear they will all be dead. I really don’t want these fish to die a slow agonizing death from the heat if it can be helped.

Bobby Miller

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all - I have a box of fish stuck at UPS in Louisville. Nice fish: Bella Gobies, Pintail Wrasses, Lineatus Wrasse.

Are there any LFS owners amongst you who I could possibly work out a deal to pickup the fish? (The wholesaler is Sea Dwelling.) If the fish wait until tomorrow to reach me I fear they will all be dead. I really don’t want these fish to die a slow agonizing death from the heat if it can be helped.

Bobby Miller
I am not an LFS owner and honestly I doubt any of them in Louisville check the forum frequently enough to help in time. Are you wanting someone to pick them up hold them overnight and re-ship tomorrow?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could call Paul at Aquatica "Urban Oceans". 502-261-0720

He's a cool dude and might be able to work out something with you? I'm in Louisville, if there's anything I can do, let me know. Hope you can figure something out!

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan @ Blue Star Aquatics has agreed to take them, if I can get the box released to him. No easy task with UPS. But I’m working with my wholesaler to try and make it happen. Hoping for a happy ending here...

Big thanks to @reefwiser for putting me in touch with Ryan.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan @ Blue Star Aquatics has agreed to take them, if I can get the box released to him. No easy task with UPS. But I’m working with my wholesaler to try and make it happen. Hoping for a happy ending here...

Good deal! Ryan is a good guy as well. Glad Ed got you all hooked up!

Hoping for the best!

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how reefers pull together when there is a crises. Have watched people help with tank crashes, diseases, tank builds, stocking ideas, live stock compatibility and tons of other things I haven't mentioned. What a great forum and group of hobbiest!

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ryan @ BlueStar is my LFS and he is awesome! When I started reading your post, I immediately thought of him and thought I’d give him a call for you. Glad he’s helping you out!

Good luck!

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every lose I had do to shipping, was from a lay over in Louisville an extra day.I have a package coming through there wednesday. Hope it's not to hot and makes it through that hub on time.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard part here is UPS Bobby can not get thru their customer support system to get the fish transferred.

Yeah, I had someplace for the fish to go (Ryan), but could never actually speak to anyone who worked at the UPS Hub in Louisville. Kept getting the runaround from customer service reps overseas. I’ll talk to my wholesaler again tomorrow, but they were encountering the same problem: No POC who could actually make something happen. So frustrating... :mad:

I’m bracing for the worst when I get the fish in tomorrow. I’m setting up holding tanks specifically for any survivors, so I can dose methylene blue to treat potential ammonia burn. Wish me luck all and thanks again for offering to help.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang man, that stinks. I was wondering about that as I figured it wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. I was trying to think if I knew anyone down there, but only know mechanics and retiree's.

Really a very frustrating part of this hobby. Hope they do make it for you safe n sound. They couldn't be in better hands once they make it to their final destination! Let's all hope they have a shot!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS Again ! As a 30 plus retired ups employee. I offer my apologies. You will receive your fish tomorrow. I pray they are all OK !
Also, This hurts my retirement pay !

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS Again ! As a 30 plus retired ups employee. I offer my apologies. You will receive your fish tomorrow. I pray they are all OK !
Also, This hurts my retirement pay !

Thanks, my friend. What really frustrates me is I couldn't even get the customer service lady to communicate with the Louisville Hub. When I realized I wasn't going to be able to get the fish transferred to Ryan, I tried to at least get the box of fish moved inside to a climate controlled area. Figured that might give them a fighting chance until tomorrow. She (and her supervisor) kept telling me they had no way to relay a message to the UPS Hub. You work for UPS but cannot communicate with them?! :eek: Then what is it that you do exactly??!

So, so frustrated right now... :mad::mad::mad:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, my friend. What really frustrates me is I couldn't even get the customer service lady to communicate with the Louisville Hub. When I realized I wasn't going to be able to get the fish transferred to Ryan, I tried to at least get the box of fish moved inside to a climate controlled area. Figured that might give them a fighting chance until tomorrow. She (and her supervisor) kept telling me they had no way to relay a message to the UPS Hub. You work for UPS but cannot communicate with them?! :eek: Then what is it that you do exactly??!

So, so frustrated right now... :mad::mad::mad:
Ugh “The Bobs” need to investigate that department of UPS.

It’s unbelievable how incompetent some of this stuff is

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All You good Good People. UPS runs" soo" many packages thru their systems , They couldn't find Your one box if they tried. It's sitting in a semi trailer in the yard at the Louisville hub. It will sit there until Midnight sort,
This kills me to say this . The loss of Your fish are considered an acceptable loss. :(

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think if this was brought to the attention of the media, It just might work.
They dislike bad publicity !

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, sorry Bobby.
fingerscrossed.gif
that at least some will survive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back