Fish Tournament: Qualifications!

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! We finished up the Large Angelfish tournament about a month ago, and pretty soon we will start the Anthias tournament! Before we do though, I would like to see your opinion on other future tournaments we should do.

Planned Tournaments:
Dwarf Angels (Completed)
Large Angels (Completed)
Anthias
Butterflies
Damsel Fish
Gobies
Tangs
Triggers
Wrasse (Held by @Reefkeepers Archive)

I would like to see your opinion on the following tournaments. There needs to be enough variation among the species, and most of them should be fairly well known. Let me know your thoughts!

Basslets?
Blennies ?
Clownfish?
Cardinal Fish?
Dottybacks?
Pufferfish?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! We finished up the Large Angelfish tournament about a month ago, and pretty soon we will start the Anthias tournament! Before we do though, I would like to see your opinion on other future tournaments we should do.

Planned Tournaments:
Dwarf Angels (Completed)
Large Angels (Completed)
Anthias
Butterflies
Damsel Fish
Gobies
Tangs
Triggers

I would like to see your opinion on the following tournaments. There needs to be enough variation among the species, and most of them should be fairly well known. Let me know your thoughts!

Basslets?
Blennies ?
Clownfish?
Cardinal Fish?
Dottybacks?
Pufferfish?
T A N G S

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Planned Tournaments:
Dwarf Angels (Completed)
Large Angels (Completed)
Anthias
Butterflies
Damsel Fish
Gobies
Tangs
Triggers

Basslets?
Blennies ?
Clownfish?
Cardinal Fish?
Dottybacks?
Pufferfish?
Also I think clowns could be short if you're doing species, though occelaris would be obvious winner due to color morphs, so you may have to do individual morphs. Cardinals could be good, dottybacks have enough variations, blennies maybe, @AydenLincoln would kill you if you don't add a puffer tournament, and there really is only one clear winner with basslets:
20240513_193305.jpg
20240513_193208.jpg

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also I think clowns could be short if you're doing species, though occelaris would be obvious winner due to color morphs, so you may have to do individual morphs. Cardinals could be good, dottybacks have enough variations, blennies maybe, @AydenLincoln would kill you if you don't add a puffer tournament, and there really is only one clear winner with basslets:
20240513_193305.jpg
20240513_193208.jpg
Yes team puffs for the win!:)

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I feel like most of those either have just a few well-known species that are likely (but not guaranteed) to dominate (such as Midas blennies, Ocellaris clowns, etc.) - so I feel like you'd want to branch out a bit and include some less common/less well-known species to get a good field to work with.

That said, I feel like the basslets could be done well since it includes a wide range of critters - things like chalk bass, assessors, swissguard basslets, etc. The puffers could probably work as well.

Just to put this out there, though, an Eels tournament could be fun too.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but what’s a tournament on here? Like best fish from that species or ?
Yes. For the Angelfish tournaments 32 Angels were matched-up against each other, and the people of Reef2Reef voted each day, until we had a winner, resulting in the “best” fish from that species.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I feel like most of those either have just a few well-known species that are likely (but not guaranteed) to dominate (such as Midas blennies, Ocellaris clowns, etc.) - so I feel like you'd want to branch out a bit and include some less common/less well-known species to get a good field to work with.

That said, I feel like the basslets could be done well since it includes a wide range of critters - things like chalk bass, assessors, swissguard basslets, etc. The puffers could probably work as well.

Just to put this out there, though, an Eels tournament could be fun too.
Thanks for your input! I would be willing to branch out into some lesser known species in order to do those tournaments! Eels are a great idea too, I’ll look into them!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Planned Tournaments:
Dwarf Angels (Completed)
Large Angels (Completed)
Anthias
Butterflies
Damsel Fish
Gobies
Tangs
Triggers

Basslets?
Blennies ?
Clownfish?
Cardinal Fish?
Dottybacks?
Pufferfish?
Gobies!!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back