Flame angel eating coral - solutions?

FranklinDattein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Flame Angel for over an year without touching the coral, one day I decided to slow down the feeding routine and the Angel started picking on SPSs. It didn't seem to touch LPS. Increasing feeding back hasn't solved and I had to get rid of the fish.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two kinds of flame Angels. Those that pick at your corals, and those that are about to start. Options are to remove fish, remove corals, or just live with it.

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a beautiful gorgonian that constantly had its polyps extended and was growing rapidly until kh flame angel decides he was going to try eating coral. Now he picks at repeatedly and I havent seen its polyps in at least a month. It's really sad to watch it die but sadly the flame angel doesn't pick at anything else and is my fav fish so I won't be getting rid of it. Do you think it may also pick at future sps I will get? Is there any way to make him stop? If there is I'd really love to know!
my just got done eating my Gonipora and it was growing great it stinks sorry to here that

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back