Fleece roller = automated algae turf scrubber?

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an idea. What if I put a powerful refugium light over my red sea fleece roller? Or, mounted a pair of those submersible tunze refugium lights facing forwards and backwards at the fleece.

That would cause algae to grow on the fleece and get removed with the rest of the tank's gunk.

Sure, the algae would be pretty minimal in the one day it takes for fleece to advance but is that so bad? Would it do anything positive for the tank?
1710268225715.png

javajaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I actually had that same thought last night. I've been working in a horizontal roller filter design that you could easily put a light on top of. Just not sure if the dwell time would be long enough to grow anything.

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about fleece rollers… Does anybody also know how the heck you get the nanomat” that Red Sea has been advertising for the max nano… asking cuz my sister has a Red Sea max nano and Red Sea had published it but has not released it? Does anybody have any info of that ???!

OP
OP
vanguard

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about fleece rollers… Does anybody also know how the heck you get the nanomat” that Red Sea has been advertising for the max nano… asking cuz my sister has a Red Sea max nano and Red Sea had published it but has not released it? Does anybody have any info of that ???!

I hope that helps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back