Florida, Georgia, South Carolina Mathew2016 and now Irma 2017 Check in

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know we all (Floridian Georgian, and South Carolina) Folks have a lot on our plate right now, I am putting this out there so if one of us needs help, support, or just to chat it up here.

Living in Orlando since 2000 and going through Charlie, Fances and Jean these storm can be very stressful for you, your families, and your tanks.

Good luck all.

Last edited:

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know we all (Floridian) have a lot on our plate right now, I am putting this out there so if one of us needs help, support, or just to chat it up here.

Living in Orlando since 2000 and going through Charlie, Fances and Jean these storm can be very stressful for you, your families, and your tanks.

Good luck all.
Hope everyone stays safe! Along with all your family friends and animals!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The the feeder bands start here in Orlando

feelinfrgy26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brunswick, GA here, all is well at this point. Decided not to follow the mandatory evac orders because we don't want our reef to crash... We will leave though if it gets too bad, but we are settled in and armed with plenty of supplies and a generator to keep our 72, and 20 up and going as long as possible....

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brunswick, GA here, all is well at this point. Decided not to follow the mandatory evac orders because we don't want our reef to crash... We will leave though if it gets too bad, but we are settled in and armed with plenty of supplies and a generator to keep our 72, and 20 up and going as long as possible....
I think I will change the title.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope my families beach front condo in cape canaveral doesn't get beat up too badly. :confused:
It looks like the storm is wobbling away for the cost more.

mgoesma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing well in Davenport. A little worried about loosing power but I have a small generator hopping it doesn't go out to long. We have had some bands come through but calm right now.

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping I don't need a generator. I'm in mid ga, we should be ok. Worst case I have 3 cars and a lawnmower with batteries. I can scab some 12 volt stuff together to circulate air. Luckily are air temps are close to tank temps. I have plenty of achohol to pull me through it, if it does get bad... good luck to all....

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing well in Davenport. A little worried about loosing power but I have a small generator hopping it doesn't go out to long. We have had some bands come through but calm right now.
You are lucky you have a generator:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping I don't need a generator. I'm in mid ga, we should be ok. Worst case I have 3 cars and a lawnmower with batteries. I can scab some 12 volt stuff together to circulate air. Luckily are air temps are close to tank temps. I have plenty of achohol to pull me through it, if it does get bad... good luck to all....

I wanted to purchase a battery back up, but the one I was looking for was on backorder everywhere or 3 day out. I did see a knock off, but passed for the reason it was the price on the actual battery backup. I am root for the cold front to come through sooner:)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%

Back