Fluval Evo rfg

Bpatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am trying to replace the stock nozzle on the fluval evo13.5. have attached a 1/2" rfg nozzle but it is very loose/wobbly?
PXL_20220507_095943707.jpg
PXL_20220507_095950596.jpg

Have I attached it correctly?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the main issue is you don't have any actual Random Flow Generator® Nozzle. The RFG looks off - if you don't see "VCA", then it's not a Random Flow Generator nozzle - it's an approximation.

The other main issue is the modular hose parts are clearly 3D printed, as opposed to genuine Loc-Line modular hose.

Your best bet would be to purchase one our kit that is designed and tested to work with that tank, and includes actual Loc-Line parts for a good snug fit.

You have a few options:

You can add one of our Ultimate Nano Tank Return line upgrade kits, which his designed specifically for this tank, and is a direct-fit replacement for the stock setup.

- or -

You can put together a single 1/2in in RFG solution as you have tried to do here. You'll need two items. the Loc-Line and the RFG

1/2in loc-line

1/2in Random Flow Generator

Both options are easy to install and will fit perfectly.

hope that helps.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I actually have the same problem with genuine 1/4" loc-line and RFG I just bought off the site. If I even touch the RFG it falls off.
Send us a DM, and we'll get you setup for a replacement ASAP.

In the meantime - try swamping the RFGs to a different segments of Loc-line. We have noticed some strange variations in the 1/4in Loc-line lately. not sure why, but it's only been recently. As a result, we have tighten up our tolerances on the 1/4in RFG and tweaked the connector to accommodate the variation.

Were in the office today as well (for at least another 2 hours) , if you want to just call in

623-233-6908

Antonio...

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am trying to replace the stock nozzle on the fluval evo13.5. have attached a 1/2" rfg nozzle but it is very loose/wobbly?
PXL_20220507_095943707.jpg
PXL_20220507_095950596.jpg

Have I attached it correctly?
Took a second look at your photo today, and noticed you're in London (according to your profile) . We have a number of resellers in your local market and you should be able to find our Ultimate Nano Tank Return line upgrade kit at a local fish store or one of our U.K. based online retailers.

You can start your search here

Also, if you wanted to go with just the single 1/2in Random Flow Generator®, then you could actually use one of our Waterbox Flow kits (also available locally) . It includes the 2 segments of actual Loc-Line modular hose and the RFG. it also includes the Waterbox adapters, but in your case, you would not need them.

hope that helps.

Back