Foxface lying on the ground

UNKNOWNPERSON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my family and I went on a trip for a couple days all the fish were doing great but when we came back 1 fish was dead, 1 dissapeared and the foxface was breathing heavily and lying on the ground. Could it be ammonia? I've moved him into a qt just incase.

Attachments

• 20240416_173155.mp4
    112.3 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UNKNOWNPERSON Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

OP
OP
U

UNKNOWNPERSON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

He's been like this since at least Monday morning.he was in copper at the fish store then I used hydroplex on him.

OP
OP
U

UNKNOWNPERSON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes - did you test ammonia? any more information. A fish lying on its side needs immediate attention.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Breathing ok? Anything else you can add?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see but he looks pretty beat up.. what else is/was in tank with him?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

This fish is thin and mat be feeding off its liver or sick in some way but video is both dim and short in run time to clearly tell.
Over ammonia, may be water quality/low oxygen or skin/gill irritations.
Is fish breathing normal or rapid *was hard to tell in video) and is fish eating?

OP
OP
U

UNKNOWNPERSON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish is thin and mat be feeding off its liver or sick in some way but video is both dim and short in run time to clearly tell.
Over ammonia, may be water quality/low oxygen or skin/gill irritations.
Is fish breathing normal or rapid *was hard to tell in video) and is fish eating?
It was when I left on Friday and when I got back on Monday it was laying down and not eating

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It was when I left on Friday and when I got back on Monday it was laying down and not eating
Please furnish brighter video for best assessment and plan on a water change and add aeration with airstone until a diagnosis can be made

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tang
With multiple fish affected, if the tank has good aeration and the water tests out good, you need to consider it is likely a gill disease: velvet or gill flukes are the two common causes of this.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back