Frogspawn

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16908317647235885554582077410153.jpg

recently I've been having some trouble with alkalinity and it is now fixed, but I was a bit concerned about this frogspawn since one of the heads when it is open or closed has more skeleton on the top showing than the other head. Basically it looks like the tenticles are in a ring formation around the mouth area but cover the mouth area sometimes. Any feedback will be appreaciated

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the lights are on does it fully extend?

I assume there was a shift in ALK when you fixed it. How much of a shift was there and how fast did it change? Your Frog may be a bit ticked at the change.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its still hard to see clearly in that pic. To me, it sort of looks like a bubble, if its a bubble, its a good thing. But if its not a bubble, then I don't know what we are talking about. "Exposed coral skeleton" is normally pointy and jagged, I don't see that in the pic

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the lights are on does it fully extend?

I assume there was a shift in ALK when you fixed it. How much of a shift was there and how fast did it change? Your Frog may be a bit ticked at the change.
Well last week when the lights were on it fully opened, currently today even with the lights on I still can see the mouth area fully exposed whilst the tentacles surround that area. It was like this before the alkalinity change, but the alkalinity shifted by about 0.5 - 1DKH yesterday

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its still hard to see clearly in that pic. To me, it sort of looks like a bubble, if its a bubble, its a good thing. But if its not a bubble, then I don't know what we are talking about. "Exposed coral skeleton" is normally pointy and jagged, I don't see that in the pic
16909146922494873623039423537905.jpg

Yeah appologies for the bad pics

This is the top down view of that particular head, the other head seems fine.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh right, so when they split is that how they form new heads? This is nothing to worry about?
I don’t know the reason for the bubble, I can only speculate it could be stretching and or creating more flesh for the two new heads. Don’t be worried if it doesn’t look real happy as it is splitting, normal.

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know the reason for the bubble, I can only speculate it could be stretching and or creating more flesh for the two new heads. Don’t be worried if it doesn’t look real happy as it is splitting, normal.
Ah right ok thanks,
I have seen some other threads and people with this bubble have theirs split after, so I hope that is the cause.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back