Full Time Photographer Turned Reefer

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I come from professional automotive photography (cars, trucks, etc). Have been shooting full time for about 5 years, once I got into reefing in early 2020 I fell in love with taking close ups of my corals! Going to use this thread to post some here every now and then.

I love helping out fellow enthusiasts so to anyone needing help shooting please feel free to ask!

OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC04539.jpg
DSC01324.jpg
DSC01495.jpg
DSC04577.jpg

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy cow! youre a talented photographer and the corals look super healthy!

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous photos!!! I am positive you practice witch craft now.

This may be the most frustrating part of this hobby. Everyone asks all the time about it, just like they ask about my new puppy. Well I get my phone out and show them all the pictures and videos of my giant schnauzer pup. But when the discussion is my tank, I break out my phone and show them windex colored photos with muddy details. Then I say it’s prettier in person.

you up on the other hand are showing details that even my eyes don’t capture. This tells me I need a macro lens. But they still won’t compare to what you are sharing with us. Sorry to gush.

OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous photos!!! I am positive you practice witch craft now.

This may be the most frustrating part of this hobby. Everyone asks all the time about it, just like they ask about my new puppy. Well I get my phone out and show them all the pictures and videos of my giant schnauzer pup. But when the discussion is my tank, I break out my phone and show them windex colored photos with muddy details. Then I say it’s prettier in person.

you up on the other hand are showing details that even my eyes don’t capture. This tells me I need a macro lens. But they still won’t compare to what you are sharing with us. Sorry to gush.
Thank you! As a photographer I’m never really happy with my photos but I try to learn and improve with every shot!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back