GALAXYHYDRO LED LIGHT DRIVERS PWM and 10V

Roberto Toala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Ok here is a good questions and specially for those for a wide knowledge in electronics,

So I got my Apex, and its amazing, and my first project was to mod my Chinese Galaxy Hydro LEDS WIFI and Analog to be managed by the APEX, and here is the problem,

The light would not DIM, and I then checked to see if the Driver was a PWM, then thise mean I had to get converter, but when I check on my drivers it seems that these are all in one, I dont know if my configuration is wrong, aside that the Analog knob board does not have any indicators,

My question is have any of you heard of LED Drivers that are both PWM and 10V,

Here is a PIC of my driver, power supply, and WIFI module,

Cheers

Robert

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't clear from the label whether it is one way or the other. A quick google search shows it is a Chinese made generic driver. They list "0-10V/PWM" for control which really isn't clear at all. If I had to guess, I would say it is PWM controlled on a 0-10V signal, not 0-10V analog.

OP
OP
Roberto Toala

Roberto Toala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i found the outputs mentioned i have to open the driver, ill post pics tonight, just in case which one is the driver most people use for replacement on these ligths. I know the brand is mean well.

OP
OP
Roberto Toala

Roberto Toala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys here are the Pics of the driver, from what i believe its both, 10v analog and pwm, now the wiring its were im a bit confused and wiñl be working on it tonigh

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

mrdanielface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah I'm trying to figure this out also. It seems to still use a regular potentiometer which could possibly mean it's an analog signal but I'm not really too knowledgeable on this type of thing.

OP
OP
Roberto Toala

Roberto Toala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but i also noticed that the plug for the actual knob has four wires, the three that come from the Driver and another one which i will asume is a ground. Would that be the actual ground to connect to the live wire, and the the ground coming from the Led drive would be the one for the Apex?

Any input would be truly apreciated

I had this spare drive which i got from the manufaturer.

IMG_0109.JPG

OP
OP
Roberto Toala

Roberto Toala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so with the help of a recent post and others i tested my driver, the constant voltage is 5v and the dimming one varies from 0 to 5v, so this means its a PWM driver, i tried switching it from with in the board and its the same.

The next step would be to get some converters, anyone can recomend me some.

mrdanielface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen this for the storm x controller. I'm thinking the pin out would work but prolly have to double check.

kkjmartink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the problem that they would not dim to 0 or off completely. I use the storm controller as well. So I ended up replacing the drivers to get 0-10 pwm dimming.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.8%
Back