Here's a few of mine

2015-12-19 09.09.05.jpg

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I use my polarized sunglasses as a filter. This is an extreme example because the blues were turned WAY up, but it does make a huge difference.

These photos were taken with my iphone 6plus and a pair of Nike polarized sunglasses.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456796230.817295.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456796264.510866.jpg

*Not my tank- this is one of the Reef Crest drop off tanks at Incredible Corals (and Artfully Acrylic).

Last edited:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gel filters are simply colored sheets of plastic that you put in front of your lense or flash.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which filters are you using?
I bought a set of 10 colors on Amazon. After trial and error I found the one that works best. I don't know the specific color but it's more brown than the orange I see most others using.
image.jpeg

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a set of 10 colors on Amazon. After trial and error I found the one that works best. I don't know the specific color but it's more brown than the orange I see most others using.
image.jpeg

those are the same you can get from Mshort. not sure what amazon charges, but I think from short they are 3 sets for ten bucks....also has a larger size for Dslr.

http://buckfever-taxidermy.com/GelFilters.php

a few friends have these and complained of losing them, getting them dirty, and bent. So, i DIY a lil frame and now they are super easy to handle, harder to lose and easier to keep clean. this was the first go at it, im gonna make a cleaner, more refined version with the next set.

IMG_4907.jpg

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are the same you can get from Mshort. not sure what amazon charges, but I think from short they are 3 sets for ten bucks....also has a larger size for Dslr.

http://buckfever-taxidermy.com/GelFilters.php

a few friends have these and complained of losing them, getting them dirty, and bent. So, i DIY a lil frame and now they are super easy to handle, harder to lose and easier to keep clean. this was the first go at it, im gonna make a cleaner, more refined version with the next set.

IMG_4907.jpg
Price is about the same if I remember correctly. Cool idea with the frames. I've destroyed a few. Lol

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is about the same if I remember correctly. Cool idea with the frames. I've destroyed a few. Lol

yeah, i figured I would as well...this was the simple solution. it makes them a much more tangible object, not just a piece of plastic film. works well too!

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Is it much different than just adding a brown filter to the photo? also does it help with the blue optics that ruin the pic?

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back