Getting together for corals and conversation: Are you planning to attend any reefing shows this year?

Are you planning to attend any reefing shows this year?

• Definitely

Votes: 135 34.2%
  • Probably

Votes: 98 24.8%
  • Probably not

Votes: 66 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 90 22.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 1.5%

• Total voters

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FFM, the biggest coral swap show in the country!

Screenshot_20240119_162213_Chrome.jpg

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000% Reefpalooza Orlando.

Aquashella maybe...they switched to November and moved to Daytona Beach...hard for us to attend as its football season and we are in Miami at that time.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to MACNA in Florida, I was going to Reef-a-Palooza in FL, but had a conflict. I wanted to go to the two coming up in Charlotte, but I think I'm out of town for both.

Have you seen Reefstock in Chattanooga? That’s another close(ish) name brand one to you. I hated that it was cancelled/postponed last year because the aquarium there is awesome and it’s only 3 hours from me.

We'd love to but it'll be difficult with a newborn

I feel this for sure. I’m super hype about trying to convince the family to make the drive for RAP Orlando but at the end of the day that’s a long distance with what will be a 14mo.

As for the question - I’m lucky to have ReefingUSA coming to town, which makes it easy to go to at least one show during the year. The last one had a handful of nationally known guys (like Jason Fox) which was awesome. Reefstock Chattanooga is less than 3 hours from here so I’m planning on going to that. Disappointed that the MACNA thing in Atlanta didn’t pan out to an annual event.

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there are any shows in my neck of the woods (Seattle/Tacoma area, WA state) Anybody know of one?

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll likely go to Reefapalooza later this year when it comes back to California.

Anyone know of other shows in California? I’m in Los Angeles, towards the valley.

RichH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to, but what reefing shows are there to go to in the UK????

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start one.
We had a first in Connecticut this past year called Corals of Fall. Started by a hobbiest. Planning next year already
We started a reef group here in Flint years ago had a swap or two and some meetings. I got out soon after it was started I dont think it lasted unfortunately. It does take work but if you get some like minded people willing to put in the work I think it can be successful.

AdamC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, our local club (3RMAS) usually hosts a coral show/frag swap in April and my husband and I like to go to that. I decided to check on it and so far nothing is posted yet but I am hoping that they are having it again this year. I know that it is a lot of work for the club members. I have gotten nice samples of new products plus my husband has even won nice prizes for me.
Yes, we are having our Frag Swap again this year. Its up on our website at the moment, its going to be Sat. April 13th. at the Printscape Arena. We will be doing more advertising once it gets closer.

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on going to Reefapalooza NYC. I live close enough to drive down and back the same day. This will be my first time attending an event like this. I could use some pointers/ tips incase I end up finding something I have to have. What should I bring with me?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back