Ghl Wi-Fi mini help

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all, just bought the Ghl mini but it hasn’t arrived yet. However I read the manual.

I’m looking for directions on exactly HOW the unit can control PH as in the description.
What I’d like it to do is:
When PH hits X number, start my doser(not a Ghl)dosing kalk. I understand I don’t think it can control dosers, but was thinking if the doser is connected to the power bar it could if/then turn on the dosers socket and the doser will take care of its own instructions, and then when PH hits Y number I’d like the mini to turn off the doser socket.
Is this possible?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You can activate/deactivate a socket according to the nominal value defined on the pH sensor.
For example, to switch a socket on when the pH falls below the set point: On the socket corresponding switch channel, set the function to pH value 1, then set the Functional parameter to Control upwards (increase).

Gaël

OP
OP
B

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Gael, outside of my specific interest, which may or may not work for me(I have a 4 head doser and using it this way means it’ll be always be off unless the PH drops below the level i specify to turn on the doser to dispense kalk therefor it won’t be dispensing the other additives, we’ll see), what is the intended functionality of the described PH control of the unit?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not authorized to reveal these details at the moment, but I can at least say that there are plans to add some dosing channels with dosage scheduling to Mini .

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However I read the manual
There is no programming guide for GHL mini WiFi but I think things will be mote clear for you if you read this programming guide for the older mini too. Must of it is the same I think. I another thread - you ask about how to control fan:s. If you want to control with 1-10 V (stepless) you need propeller control too - manual

if you want to control 1 dose pump - like this - with P mini WiFi - you can use one outlet and knit it to pH inrease function
Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Gael, interesting…

Thanks lasse, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Maybe for my kalk, which I want to dose at night only, I just get a stand-alone single head. Prolly would go with reef factory though…

And yes, would like to control the tunze eco chic fan. I don’t need it regulate voltage though I don’t think. I’d just like it to turn on/off at set temps, as well as, get rid of the huge butt Helios(which has served me well)heater controller on my wall and have the mini control the heater.
I don’t understand if it can do both on its single temp sensor. I don’t see why not, but I don’t know how I’d connect it all and program properly.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand if it can do both on its single temp sensor. I don’t see why not, but I don’t know how I’d connect it all and program properly.
You need two of your power bar´s connection. The one for the heater you use function temp1 - increase .- the other one for the fan - temp1 decrease. You put in a nominal value for temp1 and a hysteresis.In the programming its inbuilt a function that do not allow both heater and fan to run at the same time. you can also use a function - the cooling difference.

Sincerely Lasse

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back