OP
glassmanbo

glassmanbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, slow day at work and....i found all the online New Years Sales haha

So below is a list of the corals I would like to start with (click to make big)...from what I read they are all compatible as far as tank parameters and I have places to put them all so no battles break out.
*only concern: is that too much coral to dump in my tank this soon and at once, should I do it 2 or 3 pieces at a time or can I put 10 frags in at the same time....???
Mainly trying to save money I can get enough coral to be happy for a good while at a really good price but I would hate for it to die off cause I jumped the gun.

Screen Shot 2014-12-30 at 2.51.27 PM.jpg

OP
OP
glassmanbo

glassmanbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't get pic to work...heres a list

Armor of God
Fire and Ice
Radioactive Dragon Eyes
SBC Ring of Fire
SBC Gold Dust

Frogspawn
Red/Orange Cap
Green w/ purple rim cap

CITR Red Dragon
Tyree Jedi Mind Trick Monti

OP
OP
glassmanbo

glassmanbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: not ordering all the coral, decide it was in the best interest of the the little guys to wait and take it slow to minimize loss of life. LOL we all get excited sometimes

I am going to put the 2 fish and shrimp in Monday and then take sometime to get my parameters stable and figure out my dosing and all that good stuff.

OP
OP
glassmanbo

glassmanbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some better pics, My 3 little buddies are all in and eating and home making lol
So far everything is running pretty stable, all parameters at 0ppm and around 3ppm of Nitrates which is ok cause I want Zoas hehe.

Might see about adding some coral in a few week!s After I have more time to test Alk,Calc,Mag and get my dosing down.

Started to have a small Dino bloom but cut the UVs on my XR15 down by a lot and that stopped it in it's tracks.

Pic note: the 2nd to last pic just shows my favorite angle of the end of my reef, it so looks like a dinosaurs's head of sorts :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 149

Vanessa O.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Glassman!

It is looking good. I actually live in the Western NC mountains. I am thinking about starting me a 10-gallon reef tank with no fish and corals only. I am going to try and find a place, which I know of one about 30 minutes from where I live, and pick out some neat live rock once I start it. Is yours live rock?

Vanessa

Got some better pics, My 3 little buddies are all in and eating and home making lol
So far everything is running pretty stable, all parameters at 0ppm and around 3ppm of Nitrates which is ok cause I want Zoas hehe.

Might see about adding some coral in a few week!s After I have more time to test Alk,Calc,Mag and get my dosing down.

Started to have a small Dino bloom but cut the UVs on my XR15 down by a lot and that stopped it in it's tracks.

Pic note: the 2nd to last pic just shows my favorite angle of the end of my reef, it so looks like a dinosaurs's head of sorts :p

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back