Goniopora ID please

ghos7protocol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have this colony and a few people have said it is a glitter bomb however, the tentacles aren’t as long as the glitter bombs I see online. Any idea as to what it could be? I took the pictures under a filter and two different blue settings on kessil 360x tuna blues

IMG_5719.jpeg IMG_5712.jpeg IMG_5556.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have this colony and a few people have said it is a glitter bomb however, the tentacles aren’t as long as the glitter bombs I see online. Any idea as to what it could be? I took the pictures under a filter and two different blue settings on kessil 360x tuna blues

IMG_5719.jpeg IMG_5712.jpeg IMG_5556.jpeg
From my understanding, the true glitterbomb has almost no purple whilst the glitterball has the purple tips.

I’d say yours is a glitterball but can you get a closer photo of the whole tentacle?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ghos7protocol

ghos7protocol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding, the true glitterbomb has almost no purple whilst the glitterball has the purple tips.

I’d say yours is a glitterball but can you get a closer photo of the whole tentacle?

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah I saw it and instantly gravitated toward it. It’s larger than a softball and they had it listed for $200. At that price I had to have it haha
Oh absolutely!
I love my tiny frag of ‘Glitterball’ (sold as a Glitterbomb) and can’t wait for it to become a large colony.

Upvote 0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back