Good morning America just contact me about my palytoxin experience.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABC is owned by the Walt Disney World Co. Which is one of the most liberal companies in America. Whether it's ESPN or ABC or any of the other companies they own, all are demanded to Implement the corporate philosophy. Ask yourself is the liberal agenda on our side or do they want to shut your tank down?
The correct answer is SHUT YOUR TANK DOWN.

Why are the guys from ATM included? When was the last time you saw them use live coral? Has there even been a first? I like those guys but they sell fake coral and this a perfect opportunity to say why use real corals when you could use imitation. This could be the whole intent of this article but nobody would tell the OP if it was.

Also without the face of a human victim this story will be channel changer. Put a face to the poison we now have a poster child.

I really do hope this goes well but our fear that it won't outweighs any potential good this could do.

You say liberal like it's a bad thing.

justaDutchguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read thru it all, and as a European, i could only smile, shake my head and think in a very british accent; "ohw you Americans".

;-) just so much overreacting and love for doom and gloom. I mean, isn't the amount of influence the media have on the general public's opinion a way bigger issue than a guy considering doing an interview?
I know most of you guys on here can't be counted to general public, as we are all freaks with brains the size of a 20headed hammercoral.
But observing america from a large distant, it sometimes feels like a big mesmerized mass of tv watchers in a state of constant hypnose.
Made to believe sometimes very unreal stuff and hypocrit. Mainly the government ofcourse, allowing people to own wild cats, But banning a stationary animal that could never intentionally attack a human, that would not surprise me at all;-)

I really don't want to offend here, how could I, i love you guys;-) just a funny observation from afar!

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read thru it all, and as a European, i could only smile, shake my head and think in a very british accent; "ohw you Americans".

;-) just so much overreacting and love for doom and gloom. I mean, isn't the amount of influence the media have on the general public's opinion a way bigger issue than a guy considering doing an interview?
I know most of you guys on here can't be counted to general public, as we are all freaks with brains the size of a 20headed hammercoral.
But observing america from a large distant, it sometimes feels like a big mesmerized mass of tv watchers in a state of constant hypnose.
Made to believe sometimes very unreal stuff and hypocrit. Mainly the government ofcourse, allowing people to own wild cats, But banning a stationary animal that could never intentionally attack a human, that would not surprise me at all;-)

I really don't want to offend here, how could I, i love you guys;-) just a funny observation from afar!

A lot of us get to witness this up close and personal! :rolleyes:

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am I gonna die now? lol:D

Attachments

• IMG_20150818_183436697.jpg
    IMG_20150818_183436697.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 160

runzwithscissors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You sure got it right, lol. Every morning newscasts include things like "a recent medical study in Bora Bora, in conjunction with researchers in Tasmania and a university in the Cayman Islands conclude that eating chocolate while standing on one foot while using your cell phone causes cancer".

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Good Morning America wants to profit by theatrically displaying your bad experience?
[...]
The media exists to profit.[...]Americans would do well to remember this fact.
Good morning America simply wants to be more like Advanced Aquarist and R2R. Don't forget both sites are equal members in the media that you are describing, operating under the same advertising-based profit model.

bumperbeetle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not quite sure what side of the fence Im on in this. I can certainly see both sides and appreciate the many concerns folks have. I can also see that this is a unique opportunity to educate, raise awareness, stress research and yes...remind parents that there is so much more to bringing a Nemo, Dori, or a cute little anemone home than what they realize. Responsible hobbyists arent the enemy we necessarily need to worry about however....its those who are irresponsible, careless, and immature who will give this hobby a bad rap. Those who give uneducated advice, misrepresent themselves as "experienced", and knowingly lead others seeking advice down a path of completely preventable tank and aquatic destruction. If you do this interview, please speak clearly, speak in such a way that there is no mistaking your good intentions. Dont be afraid to say "I dont know", and be sure to follow it up immediately with "but I do know where I can access a wealth of knowledge, support, and information to get the answers Im seeking."

Which ever you decide, I hope its the right decision for you.

Kurt Copeland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to shake my head and laugh at the whole situation but I have seen little incidents become huge fiascos and fodder rules and ordinances and laws. There are similar scenarios going on in parallel in our society every day and I have seen heinous and ridiculous outcomes to virtually nothing.
Cyanide comes from apple seeds. Anthrax is naturally occurring and can be found on most farms in this country. When these things are brought to the attention of society on the national news, they went crazy.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 98 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 104 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.8%
Back