Goose's IM 14 Peninsula - Upgrade Loading..

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy!

Long story short, tank has been up & running for exactly 8 months today. Just wanted to get a thread going over here on R2R and start to engage with this community a little more!

There's been ups/downs of course. I've been tying to get some consistency with some easier SPS in this tank and I think I'm finally reaching a relative equilibrium where things are happy.

Fish:
1x Pink Streaked-Wrasse
2x Gladiator Mocha Clowns
1x Purple Firefish

Rather than provide a bunch of details right off the bat I'm just gonna leave a few FTS and random shots to start!

Untitled by Tyler Duplaga, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing, I will do my best to at least update with monthly FTS

mimi493

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy!

Long story short, tank has been up & running for exactly 8 months today. Just wanted to get a thread going over here on R2R and start to engage with this community a little more!

There's been ups/downs of course. I've been tying to get some consistency with some easier SPS in this tank and I think I'm finally reaching a relative equilibrium where things are happy.

Fish:
1x Pink Streaked-Wrasse
2x Gladiator Mocha Clowns
1x Purple Firefish

Rather than provide a bunch of details right off the bat I'm just gonna leave a few FTS and random shots to start!

Thanks for viewing, I will do my best to at least update with monthly FTS
Beautiful setup!

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a new acro and pectinia frag yesterday. One of my LFS always has good prices. 50 Bucks for them both. Not sure what type of acro but I think it's a tenuis of some variety. I'll try and get some photos later.

I need a bigger tank...

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple photos I took today. I would like to get a macro lens in the future. Not completely satisfied with most of these photos but it'll do

Chalice from LFS. SLOW GROWER but healthy.
New acro, I know it looks colorless, but I swear there's some blue green hues in there. Anyway, hopefully it settles in and survives. Tenuis right?

Topdown

My favorite favia :) I've seen it called the meltdown favia..its enjoying some dinner. Slow grower but noticable results.
Green Anacro showing out

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a minute y'all! I was in Montana in early September doing some trout fishing..(I'll leave some pics)

Tank is pretty much where I left it. I have some cyano and "general" dirtiness rearing it's head. I still have some zoas looking off and the main blasto colony is regressing a little (was doing this before I left) . SPS are still popping and the tenuis I added is crushing right now. Color has increased 10x and poly extension is great.

I'm honestly considering transitioning to an SPS dominated setup at this point. I'll attach a few crappy cell pics

My only theory for the unhappy zoas and blastos is my underwhelming mag numbers. Having a really hard time keeping it above 1210-1230, which isn't even horrible BUT I have heard accounts of LPS corals showing signs of regression at lower numbers. I'm working on bringing it up with the "Ocean's Blend Magnesium" product. Anybody have any insight about this idea?

Tana/Fish pics below!
by Tyler Duplaga, on Flickr

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with some cyano, but the corals are healthy. Gonna work on bringing PO4 down hopefully, had an event where my nutrients bottomed out and they're WAY back up. Some sort of imbalance..I'll get it nailed.

October FTS:

Favorite Favia <3

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went ahead a scooped a 12 inch blade to help with some shading in the front of the tank, should be coming today.

I've also started a dosing regime of the PNS ProBio product. I can't be sure, but my PO4 has decreased from roughly .2-.09 over the span of a week. I purchased to help deal with some cyano I currently have. Interested to see how things progress. Week 1 has been standard dose (10 mL) every other day, skimmer off for that day. I think next week I will bring that down to two 3 doses throughout the week, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Long shot, but hoping this may help some of my zoas open up. Throughout the lifespan of this tank I've nothing but problems with most zoa morphs, with the exception of the AOI's and green plays. They'll close up, get discolored and then usually open back up eventually..rarely do they melt away.

Anybody have any experience they would like to share with this product?

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You keep criticizing your photos but Wow, so much better than mine. Your coral colors pop. Nice brown and rainbow trout!
Appreciate the kind words! They're getting better for sure! Used to shooting stuff that's not concealed by a glass cage but I'm getting back in the swing of things haha!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the kind words! They're getting better for sure! Used to shooting stuff that's not concealed by a glass cage but I'm getting back in the swing of things haha!
Nailed it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back