Greetings from INDIA

Nano Saltyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone..!
I am Rishi from India, I have been in the Aquarium hobby since 5 years, but mostly been keeping freshwater, I want to move to saltwater now and I wanted to start with a fish only system. I got to know that R2R is a wonderful community full of experienced and helpful hobbyists where I can reach out with my doubts and questions. I’ll be posting some questions that I have very soon. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.
Cheers..!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
1.gif

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone..!
I am Rishi from India, I have been in the Aquarium hobby since 5 years, but mostly been keeping freshwater, I want to move to saltwater now and I wanted to start with a fish only system. I got to know that R2R is a wonderful community full of experienced and helpful hobbyists where I can reach out with my doubts and questions. I’ll be posting some questions that I have very soon. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.
Cheers..!

Hello Rishi and welcome to the channel.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome from across the globe and to the R2R community

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! R2R is where I spend most of my time online XD
What size tank will it be? Do you have any ideas on what you want in the tank?

(I havent heard of the aquarium hobby in India at all until now tbh, whats it like there? Do you have a lot of options and variety for saltwater fish?)

Good luck with the tank!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! R2R is where I spend most of my time online XD
What size tank will it be? Do you have any ideas on what you want in the tank?

(I havent heard of the aquarium hobby in India at all until now tbh, whats it like there? Do you have a lot of options and variety for saltwater fish?)

Good luck with the tank!
Saltwater fish was never an issue in India . Even in 2004-2005 I could get some of the most exotic butterflies and anthias and tangs ! Remember Indian Ocean is right next to us.
It was corals and especially Sps that was banned !
If doing fish only systems , I think you have lot
More options than even states and that too shorter travel time for them - usudally hours from catch to your tank if you know the right people .

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater fish was never an issue in India . Even in 2004-2005 I could get some of the most exotic butterflies and anthias and tangs ! Remember Indian Ocean is right next to us
It was corals and especially Sps that was banned !
If doing fish only systems , I think you have lot
More options than even states and that too shorter travel time for them - usudally hours from catch to your tank if you know the right people .
this is interesting. I never thought it was a big hobby there (never saw a saltwater tank growing up there).

can’t imagine how pricey the reef gear will be there for corals. Jugaad is probably the way to go.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is interesting. I never thought it was a big hobby there (never saw a saltwater tank growing up there).

can’t imagine how pricey the reef gear will be there for corals. Jugaad is probably the way to go.
lol !!! Don’t get me started on that .

That’s why when we complain here for things like smaller frags and price on fishes , sometimes I laugh in my mind thinking of the old days when I had to wait for 8-9 months for my brother to get me a pair of tunzes from UK . All you got was Sunsun pumps !!!
I have worked hours doing maintenance and working in so many LFS cleaning tanks just to afford 2 Tunze pumps or a Reef Octopus Classic skimmer ...

Lights - different ball game all together where I had to source T5s from Singapore with exorbitant shipping .

Today we have the option to return a light or sell it in R2R and take different direction . I grew up knowing that you have to make it work with what you have !!!

That’s why I always think - we should never complain as there’s so many people in the world who do not have even 1% of what we do in US

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back