Guess I need to make a couple changes

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll start off with I use DI water I can get from the water plant, (free) it’s used for testing at the different plants in the city. With the exception of phosphate and a little high on cal and mag my tank looks great.

However when it comes to growing any kind of sticks starting with the easiest they turn white. I mount them in 200 - 250 par the lights were setup with a par meter, tank is 9 months old. I have Gsp, torch, 2 hammers, shrooms and pally’s, cabbage coral.

0 nitrite
0 Ammonia
20 nitrate
1.0 phosphate
450 calcium
1500 mag

Im considering running GFO for phosphate, Because I don’t know what to do. And yes I have only replaced my AK, an Mag
Test kits from the api, the Rest are on the list.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access to D/I water as well but decided not to use it because a lot of the water has been sitting for a year or more and I just don’t know if I trust it. Your phosphates are fine to me. I wouldn’t mess with them until they start getting over 2.0 but a simple water change can bring them down some as well. My take from talking to others on here that run successful tanks is that 1.0 phosphates is perfect. If you run your phosphates at .2 or something they could fall off over night and risk a cyano or Dino outbreak. I personally think your numbers look good.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 92 41.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 110 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back