Trying to ask again, what makes Euphyllia flat, stubby, with open mouths? Torch and hammer showing mouths?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no issue. I agree with the earlier comment, it might not be what you prefer but the torches have adapted and that’s what they want to do. It’s a living creature, it’s doing it for a reason, and it’s not a bad thing. Leave them alone.

My grail and knicks and pretty much all my torches go through phases. Sometimes very long and flowy, sometimes 1/3 the length. I don’t touch them or change anything. They eventually become long again.

Your feeding could be contributing. I’ve noticed this with a lot of my corals. If you feed, they can get smaller/inflate less. They feed on light + food. If you directly feed them they have less reason to inflate to get light or catch food. They will adapt based on their needs.

I’ve seen vendor photos with torch like this with the flat mouth area. In torch tanks with other torches that are long. At the end of the day, it’s going to do what it wants and needs

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back