Gyre cloud edition instructions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a pair of Cloud Edition 330s, which I intend to use to replace the non cloud edition 330s I got from BRS last month (aaargh - I didn't know about the cloud edition version when I ordered the other ones).

Anyway, are there any instructions anywhere? The google was not much help. I can find some youtube videos from Maxspect, but they show someone pressing buttons on the controller (no talking). I'm looking to see how to configure the pumps using the app. I looked at the BRS video review, and although it's a review, it was helpful, but I can't even find some of the things in the app that he shows. I think the app has been modified since that video was made?

Anyway, I'm hoping there are some written instructions somewhere (not a video), that I can look at to find out details on how to configure wave modes, access preset programs, suggestions for using the flow directors, ..., etc.

Thanks!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should get you started. Just going to have to search a bit and look for maxspect gyre cloud edition, etc.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did that. The manual you sent comes with it. It is pretty useless and doesn’t answer any of my questions.

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You ordered Cloud pumps but are using old pump controller? Then the programming would not of changed.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm using the new controller. I'm looking for guidance on using the app with the new controller. I can't find any real documentation.

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in same boat. Bought the controller I had just bought two x350's and couldn't figure out how to use that dang controller. Those icons are ridiculous. So I bought the new cloud controller figuring the app would be easy. It's not. And it kinda sucks it loses connection constantly too. I can't figure out how to use it. Like the presets are supposed to be easy but when I choose one there are all these options that I have no idea what they do. Nothing on the internet or R2R even.

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And tonight I can't even get the app to show my tank. It logs me in fine, shows my tank/controller on home page, when I click to get to the controls it times out. what the heck

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have either of you tried to message them through their support portal or email? Even if they are slow to respond you could always try again?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried on their FB page and no answer as of yet

Try their support page and also contact us off page. Who knows worth a try. I don't mean to sound pushy - sorry. I was just making a suggestion. After I read it I was like hmm....don't be bossy.

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try their support page and also contact us off page. Who knows worth a try. I don't mean to sound pushy - sorry. I was just making a suggestion. After I read it I was like hmm....don't be bossy.
haha no worries man good suggestions I will do so

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a response on the FB group. He said to email [email protected] with screenshots or video of my issues. I wrote back about my current issues--now I can't even get to my devices, a pop up appears that says ''invalid forms'' and shuts down back to front page. I asked for proper instructions how to use the app/controller

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a response on the FB group. He said to email [email protected] with screenshots or video of my issues. I wrote back about my current issues--now I can't even get to my devices, a pop up appears that says ''invalid forms'' and shuts down back to front page. I asked for proper instructions how to use the app/controller
Any solution? I am having the same issue. So far this new controller is really disappointing.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat here. What a terrible interface and even worse instructions. “Send a screenshot!!!!!!!” Of what? Should I just take a picture and say “your interface is not intuitive and your instructions are non-existent!”

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat here. What a terrible interface and even worse instructions. “Send a screenshot!!!!!!!” Of what? Should I just take a picture and say “your interface is not intuitive and your instructions are non-existent!”
I gave up on anything but manual mode. Disappointing!!

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. I just have it on straight flow at 70% don't know how to do anything else on it. Big waste of my money. Saving up for something else. They didn't help at all. Still no video on it that makes any sense either. BRS one is useless too unfortunately.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. I just have it on straight flow at 70% don't know how to do anything else on it. Big waste of my money. Saving up for something else. They didn't help at all. Still no video on it that makes any sense either. BRS one is useless too unfortunately.
You can put it in a gyre mode, pulse, random if you like. But can’t change modes. This is actually a downgrade from the previous controller.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sorry to hear that there has been some trouble with set up on these pumps. Maxspect has an instruction manual which covers warranty support, proper use, and other legal information. For programming, wi-fi connection, and the actual set up there is a full tutorial video linked below.

Parts of this video do move a bit quick, so I can understand how this can be confusing to navigate when trying to set up the pump while following along. I'll pass the idea over to the video team to see if we can't get something a bit easier to follow in the works to help with set up on these pumps! If you do have any issues with connection or warranty support you can contact our customer support team for troubleshooting and assistance on getting these set up.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back