Gyre cloud edition instructions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sorry to hear that there has been some trouble with set up on these pumps. Maxspect has an instruction manual which covers warranty support, proper use, and other legal information. For programming, wi-fi connection, and the actual set up there is a full tutorial video linked below.

Parts of this video do move a bit quick, so I can understand how this can be confusing to navigate when trying to set up the pump while following along. I'll pass the idea over to the video team to see if we can't get something a bit easier to follow in the works to help with set up on these pumps! If you do have any issues with connection or warranty support you can contact our customer support team for troubleshooting and assistance on getting these set up.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]

Thank you for the reply. I don’t have issues navigating it. The problem is wifi will not stay connected. I contacted maxspect already. Advised to unplug for 30 minutes and plug back in. This worked for another 3 days. I have great Wi-Fi in my house and have no issues with my apex mounted beside it. I will eventually just find another solution.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out that if you choose a wave pattern and set the intensity, then you can select it by holding down the button. They do this in the video, but it’s not evident. It would be very helpful if their instructional video ACTUALLY HAD WORDS!!!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t figure out how tf to add the wifi to connect to the app. The controller’s wifi does not show on my phone’s wifi settings.
Same for me. Doesn’t show. I’m still trying to figure out manual setting before I venture into the WiFi stuff, because if it’s as idiotic as the manual stuff, I’m will surely pull my hair out.

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sorry to hear that there has been some trouble with set up on these pumps. Maxspect has an instruction manual which covers warranty support, proper use, and other legal information. For programming, wi-fi connection, and the actual set up there is a full tutorial video linked below.

Parts of this video do move a bit quick, so I can understand how this can be confusing to navigate when trying to set up the pump while following along. I'll pass the idea over to the video team to see if we can't get something a bit easier to follow in the works to help with set up on these pumps! If you do have any issues with connection or warranty support you can contact our customer support team for troubleshooting and assistance on getting these set up.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]

Thanks BRS. Yeah it's not all that stuff it's the actual use and programming of it w/ the app. The manual is useless, support was ok then they abandoned me, and your video just doesn't show how to program something using the app and the controller. That would be awesome if you could do a video about just that. I know on FB and Reddit a lot of ppl are complaining about it as well.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BRS. Yeah it's not all that stuff it's the actual use and programming of it w/ the app. The manual is useless, support was ok then they abandoned me, and your video just doesn't show how to program something using the app and the controller. That would be awesome if you could do a video about just that. I know on FB and Reddit a lot of ppl are complaining about it as well.

This is something I can talk to our video team about and see if we can't get something showing the app and controller set up a bit better. I know they are super focused on the new season of 52 Weeks of Reefing right now, but I think getting some more information on these new pumps would be a great help to the users!

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to this list also as I have the dual 330 cloud set up and the app just doesn't work.

It's on WiFi but just defaults me to the "devices" screen showing my 330s but it won't do anything else. Checked the WiFi connection on the controller and it says it's connected. I'd guess the app itself is the issue.

I use the controller and managed to figure out what some of the symbols mean by choosing them and seeing what they do.

The biggest tip is you have to hold the round button down to finalize your choice for most things. As an example, in feed mode you can use the arrow buttons to change the length of time you want feed mode to last but once you choose the length of time you have to hold the round button down until it finalizes your choice.

Either way, the advertising shows a lot of useful advantages using the app but so far it's been trash. It's a shame as the pumps work great.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a request with our video team to do, however, it may be a bit of time before we are able to circle back on this one due to other videos that are in the works and the next edition of 52 Weeks of Reefing that is right around the corner. We've been sharing feedback with Maxspect so hopefully they'll have more content on this as well.

Joey69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t figure out how tf to add the wifi to connect to the app. The controller’s wifi does not show on my phone’s wifi settings.
Did you ever figure it out? My controller doesn't see WiFi at all and it's only 5 feet from my router. I've tried everything I know to do. I made sure I have 2.4ghz on my router, reset my router, but I got nothing. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_5228.jpg
    IMG_5228.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. I didn't have a problem connecting to Wi-Fi. Maybe you should try their tech support?

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm frustrated. It was connected to wifi, now it is not and looking at a video with no WORDS is frustrating. Can't get the wifi connected again. Does anyone have a local person, in the United States that can help with this? Or a book to program manually without wifi? How do you get to the LTC or Oc without wifi so i can adjust the flow. The flow is too high and I need to lower it my LPS and clam are not liking this flow at all. Tried moving the air director's toward the walls to deflect some of the flow. There is such a thing of having too much flow.

Last edited:

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a request with our video team to do, however, it may be a bit of time before we are able to circle back on this one due to other videos that are in the works and the next edition of 52 Weeks of Reefing that is right around the corner. We've been sharing feedback with Maxspect so hopefully they'll have more content on this as well.
I hope so this is ridiculous. I'm about ready to box it back up and send it back. Good thing I didn't get the pumps higher than 330, I would have stuff blowing everywhere.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got some updates from Maxspect regarding this.

For those of you looking for content on how to use the app and use it to program the Gyres, they have a video in the works that should be posted in the near future. I'll do my best to share that here when it's ready as well.

Anyone that is having trouble connecting to wi-fi, the app, etc. please reach out to support for help. You can reach out support team at [email protected], use the live chat feature on our website, or give us a call at 763-432-9691.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Hopefully the video will have speaking this time! But still no written manual? Personally, I’d much prefer that. It’s weird that they’d put out a video in lieu of proper documentation.

reefrider777

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its frustrating because BRS puts out a video on how great the new controller is. As said above its terrible and not at all user friendly. If BRS was so fast to get a video out to sell it, they would at least put some gas behind a video on how to use it. Especially because they are now the distributor and not CoralVue. A frustrated reefer with equipment that is not user friendly.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its frustrating because BRS puts out a video on how great the new controller is. As said above its terrible and not at all user friendly. If BRS was so fast to get a video out to sell it, they would at least put some gas behind a video on how to use it. Especially because they are now the distributor and not CoralVue. A frustrated reefer with equipment that is not user friendly.

What is it that you are trying to do that you can't? Curious.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone find any better documentation on the CE controllers? I had no problems getting mine set up and on wifi (granted basic settings) but I just noticed a red icon on the controller that I can't find in any of their documentation other other than main page as just one of the warning icons?
PXL_20230722_000009498.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back