OP
OP
big deddy

big deddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gate valve on my return. I could open it up a little and then more water would bypass the skimmer into the fuge compartment. I actually turned down the return so the skimmer would have more time to take out the nasties. My great idea may be what is making chaeto struggle.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sea hare will wipe out the gha on tye back wall real fast. After that you Need to take it out so it won't die in your tank as we never have enough algae to feed them. Also growing chaeto to help fight the algae on the dt. I run chaeto in the sump with the reversed light cycle with the dt.

OP
OP
big deddy

big deddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chaeto never does good. I have to keep buying it from a friend. After a little while it just gets stringy and lose. Starts losing color. I then take it out and throw it away. Then when he trims his I buy more and try again

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to reefcleaners or liveaquaria and they have prebuilt packages.

Reefcleaners has a great writeup on good and bad snails and what each snail is good for.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That just means your water is too clean or the light you use is not good. I lean more toward the light as if you water is clean, light should be enough for them to survive.

My chaeto never does good. I have to keep buying it from a friend. After a little while it just gets stringy and lose. Starts losing color. I then take it out and throw it away. Then when he trims his I buy more and try again

thefuz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turbo grazers are good. You could also try a sea hare but need to make sure it doesn't run out of food. ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back