Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Saith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response @RickSanford. I'll be interested to hear if they have an update. I considered emailing them, but last time they pretty much said they will get in-touch when it's ready to ship.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up and got my refund.
I guess I'm a bit out of the loop but I can't understand why anyone would be waiting years from something like this. Hell, I bet most people don't even stay in the hobby that long.

Granted most people ordering this equipment probably stay in the hobby longer term.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that the warranty starts on the day that you place your order!

:)
I highly doubt that. Obviously, the warranty would start upon delivery. Things are bad enough without starting silly rumors like this. Too many gullible people out there will pass it along.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt that. Obviously, the warranty would start upon delivery. Things are bad enough without starting silly rumors like this. Too many gullible people out there will pass it along.

I'm sure it was tongue and cheek. Or at least hope so. Sort of like the post one or two above when they mentioned hobby turnover and probably not being in it.

Edit: I should say I'm hoping they are kidding...

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response @RickSanford. I'll be interested to hear if they have an update. I considered emailing them, but last time they pretty much said they will get in-touch when it's ready to ship.
I got the same feeling - but I'm going to stay on top of them. If the answer is check back in another month or two - I'm going to be in touch with the President of GHL in Germany. Not really expecting anything to change from that approach - but sometimes the boss doesn't feel the pain like the front line guys.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same feeling - but I'm going to stay on top of them. If the answer is check back in another month or two - I'm going to be in touch with the President of GHL in Germany. Not really expecting anything to change from that approach - but sometimes the boss doesn't feel the pain like the front line guys.
He already posted here multiple times. GHL is not some out of touch corporate giant

Saith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up and got my refund.
I'm strongly leaning towards getting a refund.

Especially now that I did my cost prediction. I get $2.81 per test (with the IonD lasting 5 years and the probes lasting 90 days). That is cheaper than testing each element individually, which I get $3.25 for the 3 tests I care about to regularly test; Calicium, Magnesium and Nitrate. But I wouldn't test them every day, maybe once a week, so that would cost me $169 per year. I think the Ion D needs to run once a day so the yearly cost is $1027. Not sure I want to spend the extra $858 per year.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back