Have experience with the Innovative Marine Purity Packs?

Do you think it works better than filter pads or socks?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about you but i am tired of cutting filter pads for AIO media baskets. I recently purchased the Purity Pack from Innovative Marine and i love it! Re-usable, Re-washable and to be honest last longer and picks up more particles from the water. Let's hear your experiences and share how you use them.

rsz_img_3135.jpg

RFL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice video. Thank you. A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth ten thousand words!

You've exposed a product I didn't know IM sold and it is nice to know its out there.

At present I think I'll stick with a 2-ply filter pad on one end of the rear sump and an IM filter sock on the other end. I change both out every 2 days also so I know what you mean about all the pad cutting. I cut 25 - 30 at a time to give myself a little recovery time in between cutting events. Ha! LOL.

I'll keep the Nuvo Purity Packs in mind though as another possible option down the road.

Thanks again for the video. Nice work.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice video. Thank you. A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth ten thousand words!

You've exposed a product I didn't know IM sold and it is nice to know its out there.

At present I think I'll stick with a 2-ply filter pad on one end of the rear sump and an IM filter sock on the other end. I change both out every 2 days also so I know what you mean about all the pad cutting. I cut 25 - 30 at a time to give myself a little recovery time in between cutting events. Ha! LOL.

I'll keep the Nuvo Purity Packs in mind though as another possible option down the road.

Thanks again for the video. Nice work.

Thank you for your feedback! That's awesome that your able to have the pads and socks at the same time I only have one overflow so i have to make the best of it. I currently have to of the fiber balls in rotation that way I have a clean one right away. Working well. More pictures to come soon

RFL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you know, finding the 'sweet spot' for filtration in an AIO is always a challenge; which also keeps things interesting BTW. As AIO nano reefers we enjoy many benefits that larger more complex systems don't offer (I used to have a 180g tank with external 40 -50g sump). But, as always, there are trade-offs. For me one of the more enjoyable challenges of running an AIO has been to maximize the efficient and effective use of the very limited sump space available. This is where ingenuity, persistence, and keeping a sharp eye out for any new products that expand what that sump is capable of pays off.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you know, finding the 'sweet spot' for filtration in an AIO is always a challenge; which also keeps things interesting BTW. As AIO nano reefers we enjoy many benefits that larger more complex systems don't offer (I used to have a 180g tank with external 40 -50g sump). But, as always, there are trade-offs. For me one of the more enjoyable challenges of running an AIO has been to maximize the efficient and effective use of the very limited sump space available. This is where ingenuity, persistence, and keeping a sharp eye out for any new products that expand what that sump is capable of pays off.

I can't agree more in that we have very limited space and have to use it wisely. It is a challenge but that's what makes it fun. The results are reefs that are amazing and full of life. These new products are definitely changing how we can keep our water clean.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 48 49.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.1%
Back