Hello from Kansas, check out my really BAD 20g long!

crappie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s bad...feel free to bash me...

I’ve had it for about a year and other then replacing the cheap hob carbon filter a few times I really haven’t done any maintenance or testing. Although I do have a ATO and use RODI I buy from the LFS I haven’t even done one water change... I just checked the bag of salt I used for the initial setup and it’s a solid brick.

I wouldn’t mind trashing the setup and starting over but I have some livestock hiding behind the floating smog...trust me there is life in there!

This is my first post so I’m not sure how long these threads stay open but I will post updates on any improvements. First up is a water change and a new set of ATI T5 bulbs for the 2 corals hiding in there!

21CE473E-DD63-48CA-A09A-89EC2B0FAC86.png

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s bad...feel free to bash me...

I’ve had it for about a year and other then replacing the cheap hob carbon filter a few times I really haven’t done any maintenance or testing. Although I do have a ATO and use RODI I buy from the LFS I haven’t even done one water change... I just checked the bag of salt I used for the initial setup and it’s a solid brick.

I wouldn’t mind trashing the setup and starting over but I have some livestock hiding behind the floating smog...trust me there is life in there!

This is my first post so I’m not sure how long these threads stay open but I will post updates on any improvements. First up is a water change and a new set of ATI T5 bulbs for the 2 corals hiding in there!

21CE473E-DD63-48CA-A09A-89EC2B0FAC86.png
Hello and welcome to the channel. You will find many answers to your questions. I would not start over but would look into the problem. Looks like you have brown algae. I would test the seawater. what kind of filter system do you use?

Back