Hello!, I am looking to mix 2 species of hogfish, A Coral/Eclipse Hogfish (Bodianus mesothorax) and a Twospot/Yellow candy hogfish, Is it a bad Idea?

Fishykid214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have research them both individually, like I mean ton's of research, and I can't find any sources about them being mix, I was thinking of mixing them, because They have different body shapes, and colour's and pattern's plus, I love how they act and look, but I don't know if they co-exist with eachother.
Anyone wanna help me out? (I will take advice, almost anything)

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i wouldn't chance it. if you have those magnetic observation boxes, and if your tank size allows it, try to monitor them in those boxes to see any signs of aggression?

OP
OP
F

Fishykid214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't chance it. if you have those magnetic observation boxes, and if your tank size allows it, try to monitor them in those boxes to see any signs of aggression?
Well, turn's out It wasn't a Coral hog it was a axilspot, But I do have a observation box since It was a axilspot I decided not to get the candy since it was way smaller, so I returned it back. I am looking to add a Red Diana Hog tho, and my tank size is a 190g btw!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back