Hello!

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, greetings from Rhode Island. I finally created an account after lurking through this form for years. Love to see all the content and gather information from everyone. I just turned 29, had my first saltwater tank when I was 13 which of course was far from a reef tank. It was home to a clown fish and a few unlucky coral.
Times have certainly changed, moved states and attended a four year college where I truly began to miss my tank. I took it slow and started with a 10 gallon biocube which ran about a year. After my corals fish and I outgrew the 10 gallon I upgraded to a 32 gallon biocube.
I’m running a hydra 32 with a custom made light schedule by yours truly. I have a cheap power head as well as a Nero 3 power head. (Love the Bluetooth capability between the hydra and Nero) Right now I have a variety of different corals. I have some different euphylia, leathers, encrusting corals and LOTS of mushrooms. As well as a Wyoming white clownfish. I have yet to venture to the world of sticks.
There’s nothing like relaxing in front of the tank watching, and lowering some blood pressure lol. 4 years ago I purchased a OG bounce the size of a dime for a pretty penny. Since then it has grown like wild fire. I now have three mother colonies and 7 fragged babies. Selling them has allowed me to further my collection of mushrooms which is now up to Sunkist bounce, Hulk bounce, uranium bounce, as well as a jawbreaker just to name a few. I’ve become quite the mushroom nerd. Thanks for reading!

IMG_0289.jpeg

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

That's a beautiful mushroom! That's awesome it has grown so well for you. I recently picked up a biohazard and a Frankenstein bounce mushroom. I'm hoping I have as much luck as you!

OP
OP
ChrisPPolys

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

That's a beautiful mushroom! That's awesome it has grown so well for you. I recently picked up a biohazard and a Frankenstein bounce mushroom. I'm hoping I have as much luck as you!
Thanks! I’ve been on the hunt for a Frankenstein bounce! Hoping sometime soon I can get my hands on one.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back