Help Fish Dying

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels could survive a nuclear holocaust lol but I'm glad everything is looking up
Keep an eye out for anything weird .
I would suggest more frequent water changes for the time being.

Mmsetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmed most of this. I am no expert. But, I went through the same issues early on. I believe my issue was that I thought my tank was fully cycled, but suspect it was not. I suspect mini spikes of ammonia stressing my fish out. I did add a ground to my tank. Also, was sure to blow off my live rock with a powerhead every time I did a water change to prevent any spikes. I did not blow off my rocks for the first couple months- huge amounts of junk blew off. If you said you started your tank in February with live and dry rock, I bet you aren't fully cycled yet. I would leave the damsel in on its own for a couple more months. I did this, then got the damsel out of the tank and slowly introduced two clowns. They are doing great. Added one more critter each month. I learned that even though my test all show my water to be fine, I may be having spikes in am not reading. And the tank may just not be "settled" yet.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back