Help! Foxface ate glue and now his mouth is shut

badgerryan15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a foxface and I was gluing some corals down with (gluemasters thick viscosity) and some of the glue came off and the foxface took a bite of it and his mouth is shut. It’s been like this for 3 hours.. just been so worried and don’t know what to do..

IMG_1786.jpeg

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to a foxface in my care several years ago. The glue came off after a few hours and there was no negative effects on its health. I think the fish will be fine.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was glueing corals today and had my clownfish eat some of the glue. His mouth is not glued shut though. I’m sure he will be fined

Funtrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the update? How is the fish doing? I aak bevauseb it just happened yesterday to my foxface!!! Poor thing freak out and was panicking swing fast from one side ro another. I manage to trapped him with the net and graved him with my oven mittens. I managed to peal whatever was in plain eye sight, I tried to open his mouth but I coudent. Had to put him back in the tank as he had gone thru a lot and did not want him to stress out so much thag he might pass away. This morning he is swimming around not his normal self but hey he is still alive.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had same happen, was also concerned, but by that evening or next AM he was totally fine. Should come off in time...

OP
OP
B

badgerryan15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s doing good. Came off in 2 days. Don’t worry, he will be fine. Just wait it out.
Whats the update? How is the fish doing? I aak bevauseb it just happened yesterday to my foxface!!! Poor thing freak out and was panicking swing fast from one side ro another. I manage to trapped him with the net and graved him with my oven mittens. I managed to peal whatever was in plain eye sight, I tried to open his mouth but I coudent. Had to put him back in the tank as he had gone thru a lot and did not want him to stress out so much thag he might pass away. This morning he is swimming around not his normal self but hey he is still alive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back