OP
brittany.ann.burleigh93

brittany.ann.burleigh93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one piece of coral right now a hammer coral it was the size of my thumb when I first got it and now it's like the size of my Pam is there any way to get more color in it
b3fc9c720c47df5123482b147993314a.jpg

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one piece of coral right now a hammer coral it was the size of my thumb when I first got it and now it's like the size of my Pam is there any way to get more color in it
b3fc9c720c47df5123482b147993314a.jpg
Best way in my experience is stable conditions and feed with a good coral food, ( id wait until you have more corals in the tank to start that though, you don't want nutrients getting too high). Also remember that some corals colors are just their colors, ive got at least 5 different green hammers and they all have a different color shade to them and always have. id look into some other hammers and frogspawns if you like corals that have that movement and texture. Cant go wrong with a LPS tank in my opinion.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas are another good color addition especially in little gardens. How about brain corals those always seem to brighten stuff up and add some unique to tanks.

OP
OP
brittany.ann.burleigh93

brittany.ann.burleigh93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could find some but we only have two lfs stores around and one of them is petco and I refuse to go their they couldn't tell me the difference between a lawnmower blenny and sleeper goby. And half the time 59% of theirs tanks have dead fish in them

Tateopotatoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could find some but we only have two lfs stores around and one of them is petco and I refuse to go their they couldn't tell me the difference between a lawnmower blenny and sleeper goby. And half the time 59% of theirs tanks have dead fish in them
Although I do agree with you, if you see a healthy fish (or coral) at petco, I would snatch it up. You're probably saving its life. If it dies, it probably would have either way.

DSPENCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line can get quite nasty and I would never recommend them. You're Dragonet may very well be eating them....have heard many reports of them eating flatworms. Probably best not to feed your sister to it..... :eek:

Last edited:

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to ask....How did *you* manage to get flatworms? ;)

My guess is that they came in with a plant. I've stopped over feeding. There's only a Betta and several decorative snails. The Betta eats them if he's not asleep. I had two assassin snails that probably feasted on them after eating through my Pink Ramshorn family. In any case, you'll see them if you turn your light on late in the night. I only have one or two that I'll catch when I turn the lights on now.

Basically scavengers. And food. If you over feed you'll breed them easily.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that they came in with a plant. I've stopped over feeding. There's only a Betta and several decorative snails. The Betta eats them if he's not asleep. I had two assassin snails that probably feasted on them after eating through my Pink Ramshorn family. In any case, you'll see them if you turn your light on late in the night. I only have one or two that I'll catch when I turn the lights on now.

Basically scavengers. And food. If you over feed you'll breed them easily.
I think you missed what I did there :)

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like a type of pods and dragonets aren't as hard to take care of as people think if you buy bulk amounts of pods on the Internet then there fine I've bought alot of pods and I stock some in my tank and in my hob refugium once a month and I buy the big bags that have thousands of pods in them each month and my dragonet is getting very big and I've had him for about a half of a year! If you only have 2 lfs by you then you can go on the Internet and buy stuff from places because I've got a few lfs by me but some stuff they don't get and I always look on sites on the Internet and also some lfs can ordered what you want so just ask them

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get these all the time , dont know what they are , "me bugs" i call them , and frankly I get worried when I can see them.
To me its a sign of a healthy tank. I always wonder why people want to kill things just because it doesnt suit them , surely you have a tank to replicate nature

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back