OP
OP
PracticallyLocal

PracticallyLocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not convinced it's a tomini tang. I've had one for years and stayed fairly small in size. This one is larger than the tomini I had for years plus tominis have a distinct while marking close to their eye. I'm leaning more towards the 2 spot bristle tooth tang now especially after looking at some images online. I couldn't capture a variance in color change on mine but for a min he displayed deep purple spotted faces do a lightened body with the stripes. It showed some aggression when it occurred towards me or a reflection of himself. Then he remained light for awhile and went back to a darker color from my initial post.

Here are the closest images I can find that match what I was seeing during his moment of aggression. Mind you he's the only one in the tank!

5257e880560d5cef6807e8adcaa4f13d.jpg

7d342ae6b7d34eab0389b6799ec12e5c.jpg

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the tomini tang that stays in my tank. I'm looking at the small black spot at the base ofthe caudal fin (or close) haha.

Show off your Tangs

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eyes not being yellow, the fin shape, and the white tail negate almost all of those IMO

OP
OP
PracticallyLocal

PracticallyLocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top one is a 2 spot but the bottom one is a supposed Striatus Bristletooth or blue lip Bristletooth according to another forum and a member trying to ID his tang.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back