help with my neptune AFS!

smitten with ocean life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used auto feeder from the marketplace here. i think the unit is fine, but i cant figure out how to hook it up!! has anyone else recently hooked one up that could walk me through the set up? im just going in circles with neptune support. thanks!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one but it’s been a long time since I first hooked mine up. Starting with the basics I assume you know that it only needs a aquabus cable. After that did you try to run the task for setting one up? Some extra detail on what it is, or isn’t doing, would probably help.
Its been a few years since I hooked mine up, but I don’t remember it being complicated.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run the task to set one up does it show it connected? Here is mine as an example.
IMG_1038.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is the clipboard icon at the top of the dashboard. In this picuture it’s the button beside the three gears button
IMG_1039.png

It will take you to a list that lets you pick what you want to setup.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I bought a used auto feeder from the marketplace here. i think the unit is fine, but i cant figure out how to hook it up!! has anyone else recently hooked one up that could walk me through the set up? im just going in circles with neptune support. thanks!
You have to connect USB plug to the eb832 to the AFS. A new link will show up on fusion page and you then will program intervals and time on the AFS page

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok sorry. trying to find it and not seeing it. mine is on a laptop, not a phone. dont know if that makes a difference or not...
Not sure. I’ve never access fusion on a laptop. I’ve only done it from my phone. You can also try clicking on the gear icon and it will display more buttons. It could just be that the tasks button isn’t displayed without expanding the settings buttons.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i see what you mean. its not pulling up on my screen.:disappointed-face: thanks for trying to help me.i knew a should have gone with a different feeder!:rolleyes::p
So were you able to find the tasks but it doesn’t show up in the task? Is there any chance that it shows that a new tile is available in the top right corner? If so you can probably drag the tile down to your dashboard then configure it.
If nothing else works you may want to try to login through apex local. You just need to type the IP address of your Apex into a web browser and login with the default username of “admin” and the password of “1234”. It’s logging into your apex directly and sometimes is allows more access.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats how i access it from the laptop. but no, clipboard shows up
I just logged in through local on my phone and there is no tasks menu for me, so I guess that’s normal.
My best guess is that if you login through the online fusion portal you will have the tasks menu.
Here is the link but you’ll have to know your apex login and password.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back