OP
ChronicRage

ChronicRage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might not want to get a clown goby: IME, they ARE pests...
I would cover the overflow with some mesh, and get a green banded/red headed/masked goby if you ever come across one, they have great personalities and don't get past an inch, and look pretty cool. You could also get a possum wrasse, they look nice too, and firefish are great if you have a lid. I've been looking for the former three gobies for a long time though...
440ddc1f16ec2b03c462a1dda16447e3.jpg

Nano Reef Q

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might not want to get a clown goby: IME, they ARE pests...
I would cover the overflow with some mesh, and get a green banded/red headed/masked goby if you ever come across one, they have great personalities and don't get past an inch, and look pretty cool. You could also get a possum wrasse, they look nice too, and firefish are great if you have a lid. I've been looking for the former three gobies for a long time though...

My clown goby would not eat. Then I did research & learned in many forums that they use cyanide to catch them & that kills appetite. Manynposts expressed same frustration. SO now I make LFS demonstrate fish eating On anything I buy, especially gobies. I love the yellow banded possum wrasse, very active, not uber colorful but like the movement.

With the flame, do u have a lid? They are like my dracula goby-jumpers. I lost $150 through the tiniest gap in the hood one night sadly. Hate that it would happen to you.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I've had...wait for it...oh yeah, 3 fish jump through mesh and dry overnight on the screen: my rose shrimp goby, my favorite blue line pipefish [sniffle] and something else... the mesh was, what, like 1/4 inch thick. So, my $0.02 to everyone, get a FULLY covered tank with an suit shut off heater and or chiller if overheating is a concern--if you have turbo snails (yeah, ive found they climb outta the tank...dead snail is not a welcome smell in the morning, btw) and anything, anything that jumps. For instance, I had no idea blue lines jumped.

OP
OP
ChronicRage

ChronicRage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I've had...wait for it...oh yeah, 3 fish jump through mesh and dry overnight on the screen: my rose shrimp goby, my favorite blue line pipefish [sniffle] and something else... the mesh was, what, like 1/4 inch thick. So, my $0.02 to everyone, get a FULLY covered tank with an suit shut off heater and or chiller if overheating is a concern--if you have turbo snails (yeah, ive found they climb outta the tank...dead snail is not a welcome smell in the morning, btw) and anything, anything that jumps. For instance, I had no idea blue lines jumped.
So what would you recommend for an open top?

OP
OP
ChronicRage

ChronicRage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating for a contest lol
But I'm moving and have to break down my newly established tank.
I have everything planned out already. I'll post pics of the move and stuff later this week as it goes down.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang...that setup was brief. Hope move goes smooth for you.

OP
OP
ChronicRage

ChronicRage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang...that setup was brief. Hope move goes smooth for you.
Seriously. Luckily I don't have too many things in the tank right now. Just a couple inverts and corals. I'm also thankful that the tank is only 5 gallons lol

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be in a similar situation in the near timeframe depending on which company and role I accept. Life moves as they say and best to enjoy the hobby along the way :D

OP
OP
ChronicRage

ChronicRage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be in a similar situation in the near timeframe depending on which company and role I accept. Life moves as they say and best to enjoy the hobby along the way :D
Seriously.
One good thing about the move though: I ordered an actual stand for my tank and I'll be adding a refugium as well.
The stand arrives at my door the same day I'm moving so hopefully it works out though lol

Back