Heyo

Barncat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Barncat; named for my preferential need for working background jobs unpestered by coworkers or customers. (I have social anxiety from my ADHD and autism, working jobs all my life which weren't suited to my brain.)

Barncat is my trail name because I have also been a long distance hiker or thruhiker. (Hiked 600 km of the 865 km Scottish National Trail in 2020. Gotta go back someday to finish that last 265 km, I got chased off trail by a hurricane in the northern highlands.)

I'm a creative writer and artist; I work on wildlife advocacy (focus is predators including sharks) and nerdy biology art mostly although right now I'm not up to much (horrible medical issues in a parent.) My two cats are my kids; I also have an elderly leopard gecko named Diego.

I'm in the process of building a Fluval 13.5 nano reef aquarium with the most enterprising coral I plan to house being hammers (Fragbox's purple grape variety is my holy grail. Dunno if any other vendors have a hammer like that; I have yet to see one available in Canada.)

Researching extensively for my aquarium build; I want to give my livestock the best home that I can.

Here's that holy grail hammer of mine! (Fragbox's picture of course, not mine. I have been screenshotting pictures of livestock that inspire me and keeping them in an album as notes.)

IMG_2232.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back