Hiding fish

CmbFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I had a yellow tank that I’m positive bullied my Swallowtail Angel. I had sand formations that I think were consistent with the tang slapping against the swallowtail. I also caught him a few times brush up against him. During that time the Angel went into hiding I gave the yellow tang away to a friend. Now, almost two weeks later he is still behind the rocks. I believe he is still eating and shows no sign of disease or damage. My thoughts were he will come out at some point on his own since the threat is gone. I just want to see if there are any methods to make him comfortable again or just wait it out. thanks in advance!

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try dimming the lights and keeping low traffic in the room.

OP
OP
CmbFish

CmbFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you. I basically have that in place. It seemed that a day or two after I removed the tang she sort came out of hiding but kept under the rocks. Now she is back under the rocks and at the back of the tank. I will just give it more time. thanks again..

OP
OP
CmbFish

CmbFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, the Swallowtail has started to come out. She doesn't look good. She hasn’t eaten and looks skinny. She also has some markings to the right of her eye. She is moving around and actually has made it to the middle of the water column. but eventually goes back into hiding. Im not sure what to do. She does seem to react to the food but doesn’t eat it or seaweed when I placed next to her. all of the other fish are normal. any suggestions?? thanks!

0D3F6356-4143-4368-9E03-60B367CDD00A.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was she ever qt? Could have internal parasites.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 67 49.6%
  • Full frame

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back