Houston We have a Problem - PC Rainbow not doing good...

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only my corals could be more like my clownfish…

My clown has been through way more than I’m willing to share and still bites the mess out of my hand…
haha...I had a maroon clown in my last tank that would go all piranha on me every time my hands got in the tank! She was sweet as a baby...buy man oh man did she get nasty!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break out the butter, because I'm on a roll!

Here's 1 month of growth. She's really settled in and is exploding with new growth! Heck yeah @Battlecorals

Remember everyone, nothing comes "fast" in this hobby. Patience wins the day! This coral almost died on me 9 months ago, and here she is today, better than ever, and growing like crazy!

1716303651311.png

1716303691652.png

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly love how well you are documenting this! Looking good:)
Thanks Adam! I think it's good for people to see how well a coral can come back from the brink....even in a little 5 gallon tank! Also shows that things take time, and to be patient in this hobby!

Can you believe this picture was 9 months ago....

1718376879081.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Adam! I t

Not taken as rude at all. I know my "method" isn't one that allows one to pinpoint an issue when it occurs, and I appreciate your feedback.

I do feed my tank pretty heavy during the week (about 4 times between 7:30AM-5PM ; Mon-Fri), ReefRoids or Reef Chili once per week; and then no feedings over the weekend.

You make a good point about 50% water changes, especially on a Friday, and then no feedings until Monday. I might back the WC down to maybe 1-1.5 gallons per week. My main reason for keeping up with WCs is to replenish nutrients as I do not does.

I think you make a really good point on doing smaller water changes. Back when I used to have my 30 gallon biocube, I would only change out 5 gallons...figure a 15% W/C.
----------------------------------------------
Once again, not offended at all by honest feedback!
Glad things are improving!! - I'm curious *maybe you already answered - but what is your current regimen of water changes, etc?

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad things are improving!! - I'm curious *maybe you already answered - but what is your current regimen of water changes, etc?
I just out 1 gallon of water every 7-9 days.

I was changing it out every single Monday for a while, but I've extended it out to typically every 8-9 days.

I does daily with about 30 mL of All for Reef, and I spot feed Reef Roids and Reef Chili on Tuesdays and Fridays (alternating days).

Nice and simple!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back