How are your coral doing?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious to see how everyone’s corals are doing. Are they thriving and healthy?, struggling with growth? Maybe you are getting some more in soon to make your tank filled with more life. Curious to see what everyone says!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
a few are on the brink of death(3) due to my CSB-BTA diving head first into my jebao gyre while i was at work. things are stable now but my pride is hurt more than anything lol. my og bounce melted earlier this year, and now my CSB which i've had for over a year, almost two, got its final haircut...

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Growing like weeds.
IMG_2118.jpeg

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few are on the brink of death(3) due to my CSB-BTA diving head first into my jebao gyre while i was at work. things are stable now but my pride is hurt more than anything lol. my og bounce melted earlier this year, and now my CSB which i've had for over a year, almost two, got its final haircut...
Sorry to hear that, I really like BTA's but had one do the same thing in the past so have stayed away from them.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A dragon soul torch I've had since October initially had a thin white flesh band but is now much thicker and defined. I bought a wild soul torch in January and it quickly grew another head, currently it's beginning to show signs of a third head splitting out. It's a nice little confidence boost since I first started reefing and lost some LPS

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sorry to hear that, I really like BTA's but had one do the same thing in the past so have stayed away from them.
unfortunately my aquascape doesn't allow for me to adequately have a decent sized acclimation box for it to be confined to. i did have those magnetic anemone cups but after the first year it kept roaming. it found a neat spot in between my rockwork and didn't move for the rest of the time until like the week it decided to go roaming again. once i transfer tanks...i will make sure there is an area i can have an anemone box and get another.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave away some large colonies so I could have some open space again to try some different acros. Basically a mini rescape on part of my top shelf.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall everything is doing well. Some things are weeds, some aren't but exist and expand polyps. Since I have been dealing with a cyano/GHA issue for awhile, I routinely have the siphon tube in there. I got too close to two of my single polyp corals, a tiny chalice and a small brain. I tore off some of the chalice and bruised the brain, but both have repaired.

I acquired two new corals this week, one has expanded fully (hammer) and one hasn't (cyphastrea) , but giving it time to adjust before I move it.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back