How effective is coral RX for AEFW and Red Bugs?

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
In my experience, it seems to works “quite effective” for AEFW.
I’ve seen multiple times kill the worms. Yet, I have to admit that if I dip a new coral and I see the flatworms coming out after the dip… I generally toss it out.

With respect to Red bugs, unfortunately it doesn’t properly work…. there you still need the interceptor dip.

Let me know if you need more details in temps of experience with the product.
Cheers!

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revive is my dip of choice , very similar to Coral RX, IMO, but revive is what I used first.
The main thing for me is being able to identify if AEFW are present. I don’t care if it kills them or not. Scrape off any visible eggs which is the first thing I look for along with bite marks. Then continue qt protocol until flatworm cycle is broken.
They are easy to treat in a separate qt system with weekly dips.
Some use Bayer or it was the big dog some time ago. I did not like it because what comes off the coral is not visible.I believe they say it killed red bugs but I don’t know.
Red bugs/white bugs/ black bugs are visible and as above, Milbemycin Oxime does wonders.

This was AEFW havoc all corals on egg crate for weekly dips. The little bastids lost the battle. 12961095553_7610ca893a_o.jpg 12961121113_ef5f0449b7_o.jpg

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bayer and KCL work for flatworms for doing dips. Only thing I’ve found effective. KCL works within minutes and has never negatively affected acros for me.

Red bugs, black bugs, white bugs, so on would be best to do interceptor in tank treatment.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer and KCL work for flatworms for doing dips. Only thing I’ve found effective. KCL works within minutes and has never negatively affected acros for me.

Red bugs, black bugs, white bugs, so on would be best to do interceptor in tank treatment.
I like the bayer, never used KCL, although I've heard it's effective. I've seen results myself with bayer and that's all I use on any and all acropora, but im sure there's other things that work just as good. I can easily get it and I have a safe process that I use it in, and it's relatively inexpensive and last me a very long time.

I'm glad you had success, i knew you would!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back