How hungry are your fish?

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will eat until they actively can't fit anymore in... then they spew it up... and keep trying to cram it down until someone else eats it. *sigh*

tuscani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still trying to determine if my feeding is enough or too much.. I feed two Mysis cubes a day and TDO pellets here and there

Fish:
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Tomini Tang
1 - Gold Midas Blenny
1 - Diamond Goby
1 - Filefish
1 - Lawnmower Blenny
2 - Banggai Cardinalfish
1 - Blue Hippo Tang
2 - Orange Storm Clown Fish

Inverts:
1 - Lambis Spider Conch
1 - Pencil Urchin
2 - Gold Ring Cowrie Snails
5 - Mexican Turbo Snails
1 - Tuxedo Urchin
5 - Astraea Snails
10 - Nassarius Snails
5 - Black Foot Trochus Snail
2 - Peppermint Shrimp
2 - Scarlet Skunk Shrimp
1 - Fire Shrimp
3 - Strawberry\Tiger Conch
1 - Bumble Bee Snail (Hitchhiker)

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Small intermittent feedings various pellets goji tdo marine flake and pe mysis. May add drop vita or hufa to mix. But they always looking for more.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still trying to determine if my feeding is enough or too much.. I feed two Mysis cubes a day and TDO pellets here and there

Fish:
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Tomini Tang
1 - Gold Midas Blenny
1 - Diamond Goby
1 - Filefish
1 - Lawnmower Blenny
2 - Banggai Cardinalfish
1 - Blue Hippo Tang
2 - Orange Storm Clown Fish

Inverts:
1 - Lambis Spider Conch
1 - Pencil Urchin
2 - Gold Ring Cowrie Snails
5 - Mexican Turbo Snails
1 - Tuxedo Urchin
5 - Astraea Snails
10 - Nassarius Snails
5 - Black Foot Trochus Snail
2 - Peppermint Shrimp
2 - Scarlet Skunk Shrimp
1 - Fire Shrimp
3 - Strawberry\Tiger Conch
1 - Bumble Bee Snail (Hitchhiker)
I have a similar crew and feed 2 cubes per day and once or twice a week, pellets or flakes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For myself, its not about enough food, but the type and quality of food. I go through 4-6ox of frozen food alone based on number of fish daily. Its easier always to add food than to remove it
These guys always follow me when I simply walk past the tank

1711581527796.png

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
360 gallon FOWLR with 4 angels two tangs two triggers a foxface a harlequin tusk and a zebra eel. I was doing two large feedings a day but I felt like it was too much?? Right now I’m doing one large feeding in the morning that consist of the equivalent of 8-10 cubes of homemade fish food with lots of Formuka Two and TDO pellets. This is more of an experiment really I’m going to watch how they do for awhile on the one feeding a day and adjust if necessary. But for now everybody is fat and happy!

koren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah for me it depends on the fish. My cardinal and royal gramma will eat a bit each time I feed the tank then just sort of chill. My yellow watchman hides for a couple days then gorges on everything that passes their hole entrance. The possum wrasse eats pods all day and treats feeding time like a turbo pod explosion so they still "hunt" but they eat quite a bit during feedings that gets into the rockwork. The next tier will eat a lot but eventually seem to get full. That includes the lawnmower blenny and the anthias. The final tier is the "will eat until the food is gone" tier. The clownfish, clown goby, one spot foxface, and tomini tang are in this tier.
Yeah for me it depends on the fish. My cardinal and royal gramma will eat a bit each time I feed the tank then just sort of chill. My yellow watchman hides for a couple days then gorges on everything that passes their hole entrance. The possum wrasse eats pods all day and treats feeding time like a turbo pod explosion so they still "hunt" but they eat quite a bit during feedings that gets into the rockwork. The next tier will eat a lot but eventually seem to get full. That includes the lawnmower blenny and the anthias. The final tier is the "will eat until the food is gone" tier. The clownfish, clown goby, one spot foxface, and tomini tang are in this tier.
What kind of pods do you use? I think my wrasses would love that but I always see bad reviews on them when I look them up. Have been too afraid to risk it.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of pods do you use? I think my wrasses would love that but I always see bad reviews on them when I look them up. Have been too afraid to risk it.
When I'm feeding frozen the "pod sized" foods I feed are cyclops, calanus, fish eggs, and baby brine shrimp

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back