How much did you spend on your yellow tail tamarin wrasse?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
generally $150-$175 and they often are hard to get adjusted to their new surroundings and eating. Mysis and brine shrimp will be best enticers to eat. They need a 2.5-3" sand bed minimum and are notorious jumpers

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
generally $150-$175 and they often are hard to get adjusted to their new surroundings and eating. Mysis and brine shrimp will be best enticers to eat. They need a 2.5-3" sand bed minimum and are notorious jumpers
Okay thanks. Live food is an option too. I do have a melanarus wrasse already but I did buy a large acclimation box I’m going to add sand to as well. The fish store has had him eating for a few weeks and healthy.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was $30 but I have a good LFS. $90 is a great price.
I believe we discussed this before but find one that’s eating and give it time to acclimate. Here’s the setup I used for my last sand sleeping wrasse.
image.jpg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe we discussed this before but find one that’s eating and give it time to acclimate. Here’s the setup I used for my last sand sleeping wrasse.
image.jpg
I bought a box and have sand to add! Very similar to this. Thank you!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the large acclimation box on Amazon arrived broken and he was very stressed so I had no choice but do put him right in! Say a prayer they don’t kill each other. He was very stressed and he needed to be in the tank and not the teeny tiny specimen box I had. I’m not so worried as much of it being an expert fish I’m more worried to see how they do. The guy is super healthy and active.

Last edited:

Dolphis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine for about $90. He was healthy when arrived. Popped him in the display and never showed any stress or anything. Was out in the open right away picking at rocks, as if nothing had happened.
Had a leopard and yellow coris wrasse at the time, didn’t bother anyone nor was he bothered.
Took him a few weeks to get the eating frozen, but there’s a healthy population on the LR that I wasn’t worried if he ever ate frozen.
He’s always out in front, ready to eat something when moving sand,rocks, or corals

Ks4726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They should get along just fine. As said before they are very different wrasse and I have 3 halichoeres in with my yellowtail.

This is not a dangerous addition. If anyone knew a hundred percent that two fish would get along they’d be the “god” of this hobby.
First of all, I wasn't specifically talking about adding the 2 wrasses together. I was coming from a in-general perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to mention he has a guarantee as well! Again he’s super fat and healthy.

This is the wrong approach to reef keeping. Fish are not a commodity.

This is not a dangerous addition. If anyone knew a hundred percent that two fish would get along they’d be the “god” of this hobby.

I understand you don't agree with their opinion and maybe found it blunt but you missed the reasoning behind their post. The post had nothing to do with dangerous addition but rather the reasoning of their adding it to the display, difficulty of the fish, and a bit of history. There is also a bit of ignoring advise going on behind the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
How do you keep water from pouring out of those slits?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please remember that the "Be nice" idea is important at R2R. Several comments were removed or edited that were either not in keeping with this idea or were related to unrelated topics. If you have specific questions on this topic or these edits then feel free to reach out to me, or any of the staff, directly.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back