How much reborn do I need to fill the Aquamaxx T-3 calcium reactor

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much reborn do I need to fill the Aquamaxx T-3 calcium reactor ?
The specs say the chamber is 9.9 liters, the reborn is sold by the pound. Trying to not over buy the amount I need as the start up cost on this new reactor is high enough for me. Thanks in advance

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess the 44 lb box is out of reach?
I would buy 2ea. 4 kilo bags

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on running with a pH probe on the reactor? I'm asking because I've had a reactor in the basement for a couple of years but have been hesitant to spend the money to set it up (won the reactor) I don't have a pH probe or anyway of measuring outside of a Hanna pH tester. I've read of people being successful with out a probe and just wondering how you are planning to run yours. I'm thinking of trying one on my new build to get away from dosing but it sounds like a daunting task to my pea brain.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on running with a pH probe on the reactor? I'm asking because I've had a reactor in the basement for a couple of years but have been hesitant to spend the money to set it up (won the reactor) I don't have a pH probe or anyway of measuring outside of a Hanna pH tester. I've read of people being successful with out a probe and just wondering how you are planning to run yours. I'm thinking of trying one on my new build to get away from dosing but it sounds like a daunting task to my pea brain.
Definitely running a pH probe on the reactor controlled by Apex. Feed pump is the Kamoer continuous dosing pump, Carbon Doser Regulator. Running the Reborn media in the main T-3 Aquamaxx and reborn in the secondary Aquamaxx T-X

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Post # 9 by @jda

He has other threads about how to run them

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for adding this. I bought an Aquamaxx reactor too, and was trying to figure out how much media I needed to buy.
I really like mine, nice build quality, all set up with Kamoer Continuous Duty Pump & Carbon Doser run with pH pen controlled by Apex. Since I do Trident Controlled dosing, the switch over is so smooth from 2 Part + Mag to CaRx The trident is auto dialing down the ml's dosing with the addition of the unit. I didn't expect this to work together so well.
Big thanks to @alindell for the excellent Carbon Doser and Kamoer pump. Excellent packaging and quick shipping. Highly recommend looking him up for reef products. His pricing is awesome.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back