How to catch my six line wrasse!???

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed my 6 line with a fish trap. They are very clever. It took several days and every other fish in the tank went in before he did. My 6 line was not only a bully but also loved to steal food from my acans. So I put an acan frag in the trap and fed it and then hid accross the room under a blanket with the string in hand. By this point I think he knew I hated him and was suspicious every time I was near the tank so I had to hide. Good luck. 6 lines and damsels will never set fin in any of my tanks ever again :)

Ollie_Fowler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I put a couple of inverted bottles and a clear glass vase lol the chased him with the net into them. Luckily he went into the bottle between two rocks!
I ran round cheering!
Good luck

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the easiest way would be empty out the water until he has no place to go.
Once he is out, then put the water back in to the tank

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried a 6 line, and it was a pita!

i make a bottle trap out of a water bottle. cut the top off and invert it. the 6 line was so nosy that it went inside in about 20 min. lol

OP
OP
misael888

misael888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried a 6 line, and it was a pita!

i make a bottle trap out of a water bottle. cut the top off and invert it. the 6 line was so nosy that it went inside in about 20 min. lol
Not this guy, I've been trying for days and he just doesn't get close to it all. So far I have caught a clown, cleaner wrasse, fire goby and a chromis. But no sixline :boom:

moulton712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wait till the 6-line jumps out. The one i had jumped, so i moved it to another tank, then months later it jumped and didn't make it. I love them in frag tanks.

I've used the drain water technique with 100% success. (Tank moves)

MichelereefsBF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bringing this thread back to life...I have a pair of six line wrasses I never to intend to have...they came in rocks with coral on them...I bought the rocks straight out of display tanks stupidly ..so now that I need to catch mine because they almost just ate my Mandarin dragonet alive, I'm going to wait until night time and yank the rock out that they sleep in and put it into a bucket. If that doesn't work, unfortunately I feel as if I need to buy an eel or stone fish to take care of the poblem...they have also killed two of my other favorite fish, but NO ONE messes with my Mandarin. I've had a tank running for about 2 months now to go ahead and downsize my current tank because it's just too much of a hassle. I put a lot of money into this 25 gallon lagoon with a 10-gallon sump. Let's just say it's pod Central, however my man during does eat frozen mysis.I stressed him out entirely too much getting him out of the tank today and switching into the new tank. The poor guy is just sitting at the bottom of the new tank breathing hard, I hope he makes it. there are so many pods in there they are literally on top of him but he doesn't seem interested as he is trying to calm down.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back