How to fix damaged stand? Aqua one 980t

newbie97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im very new to all this so kind of lost.

I recently bought a second hand aquarium and stand. Everything seems okay, just the top of the stand where the tank actually rests on is slightly warped and where the tank rim sits has slightly sunken I think due to water.Is this being too paranoid? Can I fix it by laying foam mat and ply wood over the top? I have spoken to the seller and he assured me that everything would be fine but laying a foam mat for peace of mind
Please any help would be much appreciated, thanks

20230714_110455.jpg 20230714_110440.jpg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use a warped plywood deck on even a 10 gallon AIO. i can't see the construction of that cabinet so I cannot tell you how to remove and replace the top.

However, if the top is warped, the rest can't be in great shape. I'd look another direction to be honest.

OP
OP
N

newbie97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use a warped plywood deck on even a 10 gallon AIO. i can't see the construction of that cabinet so I cannot tell you how to remove and replace the top.

However, if the top is warped, the rest can't be in great shape. I'd look another direction to be honest.
maybe warped wasnt the right wording, its more bubbled?? either way im weighing my options with cost and money seems stand are worth more then tanks atm

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back