OP
OP
E048

E048

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took about 80% of the rocks and peroxide and scrubbed the snot out of them they look better in going to combine this with lights out and a massive wc on friday

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe we can just about take anemones off the sensitives list. They have initial angry reactions, then they all open.

Examples in bright color:
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/2687...nk-with-pics-to-prove-it/page-63#entry5259129

estimate there to be twenty or more anem documentations in that thread. It's not that I'd go off directly dosing every sebae and heteractis one could find...work around as needed. It's that accidental direct dosings are rarely lethal. We show a bunch of purposeful dosings there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E048

E048

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started mg dosing coupled with peroxide scrubs seems to be helping but in getting diatoms

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin Credabel from what I understand is the leading expert in Hydrogen Peroxide use in marine aquariums. He's been dosing for probably close to 10 years now. Here's one article from him: https://reefbuilders.com/2010/03/29/uses-for-hydrogen-peroxide-in-the-aquarium-algae-removal/

Do some research first, but from what I understand invertebrates are at risk, but if done slowly and methodically it is possible to dose the tank directly. His primary recommendation is to remove the rock and dip in H2O2 then place back in tank once rinsed. Not sure if that recommendation has changed. I've used this approach with good results.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EO48

sinked up sandbeds are usually at play in what you are mentioning...is your sandbed free of detritus or does it store it up? pics

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back