I always thought the clown trigger was the fish i would get if i got a bigger tank...maybe not!

OP
OP
I

IrezumiHurts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had a niger trigger like that. Drew blood from everyone who worked there...
That sucks to hear. Was hoping the niger would be a suitable alternative after seeing this, but i guess even they arent safe. Every fish has its personality but jeez

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks to hear. Was hoping the niger would be a suitable alternative after seeing this

I've seen many fish, even non aggressive fish that will go after something like a finger on the glass. But clown triggers can be pretty aggressive and I would probably wear gloves when working in the tank for sure.
As to Niger I kept one for over 6 years and it never bother other fish. I had him in with tangs, damsels, chromis, clowns and a Picasso trigger. The only reason I rehomed him was because out of the blue he started munching on my LPS. Too bad because it was a beautiful fish maybe 6" not counting the streamers with awesome red teeth.

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 12" Puffer nearly took a finger off one of our office workers yesterday. Fortunately he didn't like the taste. LOL. He's not mean, just thinks everything is food.

I have a 7" Clown Trigger that (so far) is a model tank mate. Doesn't bother anyone unless they challenge him. And they don't really do that anymore. I think the trick is to buy them young, he was less than 1" 18 months ago, and we keep him well fed.

PUFFER.JPG
CLOWN.JPG

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown trigger is about 7 inches there are 2 bigger crosshatch triggers and 2 smaller triggers a niger and a blue face and 3 eels and a few lionfish in our predator tank.

but the clown is the bully. He attacks my scraper or would go for flesh every time so I have to really watch for him and the lions in that tank. he bits right thru shrimp he would do damage to a finger I keep the tank well fed to avoid aggression over food.

the clown is nothing on the terror scale compared to an undulated, those are real deamons.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back