I have never failed in a fish ID test me if you want

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never wrongly IDd a fish. if you want to test me send in any picture of any fish ever

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll kick things off. Here's a pic of my H. Chrysus. What is its name (hints below picture)?

20231111_094536.jpg

Hint: After successful QT for a few weeks, I introduced it to display tank and it disappeared into the sand in less than a minute. I did not see the fish again for seven days. I was *incredibly* relieved to see him, only to have him go into the sand and not be seen again for six days. I was super-incredibly relieved to see hm only to have him go AWOL for another eight days. He was given a fitting name after seemingly rising from the dead (multiple times). Can you (or anyone) ID him?

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll kick things off. Here's a pic of my H. Chrysus. What is its name (hints below picture)?

20231111_094536.jpg

Hint: After successful QT for a few weeks, I introduced it to display tank and it disappeared into the sand in less than a minute. I did not see the fish again for seven days. I was *incredibly* relieved to see him, only to have him go into the sand and not be seen again for six days. I was super-incredibly relieved to see hm only to have him go AWOL for another eight days. He was given a fitting name after seemingly rising from the dead (multiple times). Can you (or anyone) ID him?
Yup thats a fish

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20231111_094536.jpg

In all seriousness it is a Canary wrasse. I love those little guys. I call them the saltwater electric cichlid

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s go for difficult ;)
8E6AF983-BB96-44E4-AEAF-744113A5DD21.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

First photo is when he first went in with his female (a month or so ago) and second is this week
Dang this is a hard one. I know it's some sort of flasher wrasse. I would guess carpenters. If you wanted me to ID it though, yup is is also a fish.

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all seriousness it is a Canary wrasse. I love those little guys. I call them the saltwater electric cichlid
Yes! It's a Canary Wrasse. But that wasn't too difficult because I said as much in my post. The answer I was looking for was Lazarus. But I think we have to accept Canary Wrasse. I wonder how the crowd would have reacted to Yellow Coris Wrasse?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang this is a hard one. I know it's some sort of flasher wrasse. I would guess carpenters. If you wanted me to ID it though, yup is is also a fish.
Definitely close! Correct complex but different species :)
I can tell you the differences within this complex of wrasse if you want - I own at least 2 species from it (Carpenteri and Rubricaudalis) and maybe my female rubri is a mccoskeri
Red-Tail Flasher?
Yep! Paracheilinus rubricaudalis

AlexKintner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go with walleye! I'm really just responding to say that I hope the dog in your avatar is named Pippit.
Nope... not walleye. Florida inshore.

That's Lucy in the picture, but as you can imagine I always appreciate obscure Jaws references!!

OP... sorry for the thread hijack...lol

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes! It's a Canary Wrasse. But that wasn't too difficult because I said as much in my post. The answer I was looking for was Lazarus. But I think we have to accept Canary Wrasse. I wonder how the crowd would have reacted to Yellow Coris Wrasse?
@Slocke
:grinning-squinting-face:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 52 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 10 8.1%
Back